Raw mango rice/ Mangai Sadam- Steamed rice stir fried with grated raw mango, fried peanuts,fresh herbs and spices
Raw mango rice or Mamidikaya Pulihora is a delicacy from South India.It is a simple easy yet delicious rice preparation.Grated raw mangoes are fried or cooked in a flavourful tempering and then boiled rice is added in it and a simple and tangy rice is ready to serve .
you just need some papad or salad to go with this.It is also good for lunch box or as a travel food.
Do Try these delicious Rice Recipes-
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook , Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Raw Mango Rice
- 1.5 cup Rice
- 2 Raw Mango grated
- 1 tbsp Green chilies chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger/ Adrak chopped
- 10 Curry leaves
- 4 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- 3 tbsp Cashew/ kaju
- 1 tbsp White lentil/Urad daal
- 2 tsp Mustard seeds/ Rai
- 4 Dried red chilies
- Wash and soak rice for approx. 15 minutes.
- In a big pan add approx 7 cup water,1 tsp of salt and soaked rice and cook till done.
- Drain the rice on a colander to drain the extra water .
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the peanuts and cashews on low flame till golden and crisp.drain the peanuts and cashews on the boiled rice.
- Now add urad daal and mustard seeds in the same pan.
- When daal/ lentil become golden then add curry leaves ,chopped green chilies,whole red chilies and asafoetida.
- Mix well and then add turmeric powder and grated raw mango.
- Cover and cook on low heat till mango become slightly soft.
- Now mix boiled rice,ginger and salt ,mix wellSaute for few seconds till everything mixed well.
- Add some fresh coriander and serve hot or cold.
Venisri Senthan says
Delicious bowl of mango rice! 🙂
Guru Wadhwa says
amazing colors of yellow and greens, even i made this two weeks ago 🙂
Priya Suresh says
Tangy rice looks fantastic,prefectly cooked rice.
Kitchen Queen says
color is so tempting.
A yummy & tangy meal.. Love it with chutney 🙂
looks real yummy ! wonderful clicks !
looks perfect and delicious…will try it soon….nice clcks…..
kitchen queen says
delicious and mouth watering mango rice.
Amrita Vishal says
This looks like a must try!! Loved it
Ramya Krishnamurthy says
yummy and my fav too.nice clicks:)
Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj says
Aruna Manikandan says
looks delicious 🙂
Chandrani Banerjee says
Mango rice looks refreshing and delicious.
Rafeeda AR says
wow… a plate of tanginess…