Oregano Chili Potato -Potatoes is undoubtedly The most favourite and popular root vegeatable of the world.It is the comfort food for many ,you can steam, roast,mash ,fry or bake it .You can be as creative as you can with potatoes and surely come up with some thing interesting. Potato is also my favourite and the most used vegetable in my kitchen and my kids also loves potato in any form, either it be there all time favourite –Aloo methi paratha, Jeera aloo or Pudina waley aloo They love everything made with potatoes.
Last week in a small get together at home I served these simple but flavorful Oregano chili potato as a starter and everyone loves it,so sharing the simple recipes ,hope you will try and like it.
Oregano Chili Potato
- 3 medium Potatoes / Aloo
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil / Zeitoun Ka Tel
- 3/4 tsp Oregano crushed
- 1 tsp Chili flakes / Kuti hui laal mirch
- To taste Salt / Namak
- pinch Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- Boil potatoes in salted water till they are just done (don't over cook ,they should be al dente)
- Let them cool down completely.
- Chop into medium thick slices (No need to peel them)
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add turmeric and the potato slices and cook on medium flame for about 1.5 minute.
- Turn the side and cook again for about 2 minutes or till they get cooked completely and become little golden in colour.
- Now add salt,chili flakes and oregano and mix gently.
- Stir fry for few seconds and then serve hot.