Pudina Aloo- Stir fried potatoes in tangy mint sauce
Pudina Aloo- As Potatoes are everyone’s favorite so there are end numbers of recipes to make potato dishes. Sweets, side dishes, stir fries, pudding, snacks we can make everything with potatoes.Children just love potato dishes.
Often people hesitate to eat potatoes as it have good amount of starch in it but if the potatoes are fried, only then they become high in calories so deep frying should be avoided but steaming, boiling, baking, mashed, roasting are good options to consume potatoes.They are fat free, cholesterol and sodium free.A good source of potassium, Vit B, C, Fibre and Iron. Potatoes are good for healthy nervous system and to reduce blood pressure.
I love the flavour of mint and often use it to make chutney and raita .This pudina aloo is my favourite recipe which you can serve as a starter, as a snack or can serve as a side dish with any Indian bread. The mint flavour combine very beautifully with potatoes and gives a wonderful flavour to this pudina aloo stir fry.
I use potatoes to make different types of dishes, one of my favorite dessert is Potato halwa which can also be used during fasting ,the crispy Potato mint kachori and the spicy and popular Mathura ke dubki waley aloo ki subzi which can be served with poori and kachoris.
You may also like these recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Stir fried potatoes in tangy mint sauce
Servings: 4 people
- 5 medium size Potatoes / Aloo
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1.5 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Peel and chop boiled potatoes in medium size pieces. .
- Wash and grind mint,corinader and green chilies into a paste.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add cumin and when it start crackling add the mint paste.
- Stir fry till it start giving a nice aroma.
- Now add all the spices in it and stir.
- Add chopped potatoes and gently mix.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and simmer till potato absorb all the water.
- Serve hot as a appetizers, snack or side dish.
Note- Use medium or small size potato to make minty potato
Ventair Kitchen chimney says
Tasty and nutritious!
nandoos Kitchen says
very flavorful potato fry..
A great side dish with Curd rice. It will be the best…
Manjula Bharath says
wow thats an chatkedhar pudina aloo 🙂 makes me drool here !!
Ramya Venkateswaran says
perfect with sambhar and curd rice
lavina agarwal says
Yummmy …lovely recipe. .thanks for sharing
Veena Theagarajan says
flavourful snack.. Love to hv this with curd / curd rice