Pudina Aloo- Stir fried potatoes in tangy mint sauce
I use potatoes to make different types of dishes, one of my favorite dessert is Potato halwa which can also be used during fasting ,the crispy Potato mint kachori and the spicy and popular Mathura ke dubki waley aloo ki subzi which can be served with poori and kachoris.
You may also like these recipes-
- 5 medium size Potatoes / Aloo
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1.5 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Peel and chop boiled potatoes in medium size pieces. .
- Wash and grind mint,corinader and green chilies into a paste.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add cumin and when it start crackling add the mint paste.
- Stir fry till it start giving a nice aroma.
- Now add all the spices in it and stir.
- Add chopped potatoes and gently mix.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and simmer till potato absorb all the water.
- Serve hot as a appetizers, snack or side dish.