Broccoli Paneer Paratha- a healthy paratha stuffed with spicy broccoli and cottage cheese mix
Broccoli paneer paratha is an easy to make healthy recipe for kids. Kids often dislike having broccoli but this way we can sneak broccoli in their parathas with their favourite paneer.
In winter we often make stuffed parathas of aloo, gobhi, mix, radish etc. Try making this healthy broccoli paratha this time , you and your family will surely like it.
Instead of adding paneer with broccoli you can use boiled grated potatoes or amul cheese in it . Potato or paneer is added for binding else you can make paratha with only broccoli too . Replace wheat flour with multi grain flour or add some besan with wheat flour for making it more healthier. You can also add sesame seeds and ground flax seeds in the flour.
I have slightly stir fried the grated broccoli to reduce the strong smell of it but you can skip this step if you wish and directly add raw grated broccoli with paneer and make parathas.
These broccoli parathas can be packed in kids lunchboxes with some curd, chutney or salad for a complete healthy meal. you can plan these parathas in advance-You can half roast the parathas and keep aside till you want to serve and then fully roast with oil or ghee at serving time.
These parthas can be served with dahi, pickle or any tangy chutney of your choice , also taste very good with aloo tamatar ki sabji !
you can also check these recipe-
Broccoli paneer paratha
- 2 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- pinch Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
- 1 cup Broccoli grated
- 3/4 cup Cottage cheese / Paneer grated
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- oil or ghee for frying
- Take wheat flour in a bowl and add salt, oil and pinch ajwain and mix, now add enough water and make a soft dough (you may need around 1/2 cup of water)
- Cover and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Wash the broccoli head and check for worms etc. and then grated with a medium thick grater.
- Grate the paneer and ginger and finely chop green chilies and fresh coriander , you can skip chilies if making for kids.
- Instead of paneer you can add potatoes or cheese with broccoli
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a heavy bottom pan and add 1 tsp cumin in it, now add the grated broccoli and salt in it and stir fry on high heat for a minute.
- Switch off the heat and add all the powder spices and the mashed paneer/ potato in it and mix.
- Spread the mixture in a plate to cool down quickly.
- Make equal size small balls from the dough and keep them covered with a cloth or plate.
- Take a dough ball , dust with dry flour and roll slightly and stuff with 2 tbsp of stuffing and close the ball neatly.
- flatten the ball using your fingers and then gently roll to make a medium thick paratha.
- Heat tawa on medium heat and transfer the paratha on it and let it roast from both the sides to a nice golden colour.
- Apply ghee or oil on both sides and roast by pressing with a spatula ,cook until it become golden and crisp from both sides.
- Serve hot crisp paratha with chutney, pickle and curd.