Fresh Turmeric Pickle- A healthy and tangy pickle of fresh turmeric ,ginger and green chilies
fresh Turmeric pickle- turmeric is a root which not only gives colour to the food but also have so many medicinal properties and is not only used in Indian cooking but also used in many ayurvedic medicines and beauty products worldwide. It is anti-inflammatory,anti-fungal, antibacterial, helps in the treatment of cancer,diabetes,Alzheimer, cold and cough, cuts and to cure many more health problems.
During winter fresh turmeric is very easily available in the market so we can make kachchi haldi ki subzi and this easy and delicious Gujarati style – kachchi haldi ka achar with it.This is among the easiest pickle to make with basic ingredients and can be easily stored for minimum 1 month in the refrigerator.
You may also like these delicious recipes-
- Gatte ki sabzi ,
- Ker sangri ki sabzi
- Aloo Mangodi ki sabzi ,
- Papad Methi dana ki sabzi ,
- Kachchi haldi ki sabzi
- Guvar phali ki sabzi
You can subscribe to my Youtube channel- Maayeka for regular updates of new recipe videos-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Fresh Turmeric Pickle /Kachchi Haldi Ka Achar
- 350 gms Fresh turmeric / Kachchi haldi
- 150 gms Ginger / Adrak
- 1 Carrot / Gajar
- 6 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch Slit lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds / Rai * Crushed
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 2.2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 cup Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- Wash and wipe ginger and turmeric.
- Apply some oil on your hands or wear gloves as turmeric will stain your fingers .
- Peel ginger, carrot and turmeric and then slice into medium size pieces.
- Add salt ,mustard ,fennel seeds and oil in the ginger ,turmeric and green chili pieces and fill it in a jar.
- Next day add lemon juice in it and keep in the sunlight for a day.
- Start using after 2 days and keep the pickle jar in the refrigerator after 3 days.
- Wear gloves or apply oil on your hands before peeling and slicing fresh turmeric.
- Keep the pickle covered with lemon juice.
- Addition of ginger and chilies is optional ,you can make this only with turmeric if you wish.
- Taste best after 4 days.