Milk and Coconut Fudge-A Quick and easy Milk powder barfi Recipe
The Festival season is already started and everyone is busy with cleaning and furnishing the house and then the menu planning for Diwali will start soon .Though there are so many amazing varieties of sweets and snacks available in the market but as a tradition and custom we love to cook few items at home.
I always start with savoury and snacks first as they have a long shelf life. The first item is always Mathri ,either the crisp Punjabi mathri or the beautiful and crisp Khasta Khaja Mathri, then Chivda Namkeen is always made as it is my favourite one and quite easy to make too. there is a long list of sweets to choose from – Gulab Jamun, Kalakand Recipe, Badam Mysore Pak or depend on the time and family demand.
This Milk Powder Barfi is a quick and easy recipe which you can make very easily, addition of coconut is optional you can add or skip it.
Milk Powder Barfi
- 1.5 cup Milk Powder / Doodh Ka Powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut, Dessicated
- 4 tbsp Whole Milk / Doodh
- 3/4 cup Sugar / Chini
- 3 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 2 tbsp Pistachio / Pista
- 1/3 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- pinch of Saffron / Kesar
- In a glass bowl add milk powder and 3 tbsp of ghee and mix it well
- Now add fresh milk and make a soft and smooth dough.add milk little at a time ,you may require little less or more.
- Put the bowl in the microwave and cook for 40 seconds on high or put it in a close steel container and steam for 5-7 minutes
- Then take it out and let it rest for 5 minutes and then grate it properly.
- In a nonstick pan add the grated mawa, coconut, 1 tbsp ghee,saffron, sugar, 2 tbsp milk and mix it properly.
- Now cook it on a low heat and keep stirring it.there should be no lumps in the mixture.
- When it thickens and start leaving the sides of the pan then add cardamom powder and mix well..
- Pour the mixture on a greased plate and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachio over the barfi and gently press them so the pista slices stick well.
- Let it cool down and then make slices .
- Stays well for 10 days at room temperature.