Methi vadi nu shaak -A Gujarati curd based curry,cooked with fresh fenugreek, yellow lentil fritters and mild spices
Methi Vadi Nu Shaak is a very popular curry from Gujarat. Fresh fenugreek and sun dried lentil nuggets are cooked with yogurt and spices. This delicious curry is usually served with jawar bhakri, roti and rice.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Methi Vadi nu Shaak ,Fenugreek curry in yoghurt sauce
- 250 gms Yogurt/Curd
- 1 tsp Refined Flour / Maida
- 1 cup Fresh fenugreek leaves
- 1 cup Moong daal mangodi yellow lentil vadi
- 3 tbsp Oil-3 tbls
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/3 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 3 Whole red chilies
- 3 Chopped green chili
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/2 tsp Sugar / Chini
- Wash and finely chop fenugreek leaves.
- Take curd, gram flour and 2 tbls of water in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat 2 tbls oil a pressure cooker,add the mangodi’s and fry to a golden brown colour ,then add 1 cup water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Take a pan add 2 t.s oil ,add cumin seeds and asafoetida ,when it start crakling add whole red chillies, green chillies and chopped fenugreek leaves and stir fry for a minute on medium heat.
- Add chilli powder and turmeric, mix ,now pour the curd mixture and keep stirring for a minute.
- Add boiled mangodi’s( along the water left in the cooker),and 1 cup of water,salt and sugar.
- Boil for 5 minutes on medium heat ,keep stirring..
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.
- serving suggestions-serve with bajra roti,rice or as a side dish with any thing.