Bread Roll- Crisp and delicious fried Bread rolls stuffed with spiced potato mixture
Bread Roll is a very easy to make and delicious snack . It can be served as breakfast, tea time snack, party snack and a good recipe to pack in lunch boxes. This is a very old snack which I tasted in my school canteen and then forced my mother to try and make these bread rolls. Since then this is my favorite snack. Now My kids avoid fried stuff but I often make few for my self.
Stuffing of bread roll can be made in different ways with different types of cooked and mashed vegetables but my favorite is the classic one-potato and pea stuffing. I have also tried with paneer filling but still I love these potato ones the most.
Traditionally the bread rolls are deep fried in hot oil to a nice golden color but if you want to avoid deep frying then just brush with little oil and bake in an hot oven or put in an air fryer and bake to a nice golden color.
These bread rolls need no accompaniment ,taste great as it is, but if you want then serve with tomato ketchup,green chutney and a cup of hot tea or coffee.
Looking for more snacks recipes then do try these –
- Cabbage Pokoda
- Aloe Vera Ke Namak Pare
- Champakali chaat,Elo jhelo
- Spicy Potato Wedges
- Potato Bhakarwadi / Pinwheel Samosa
- Palak Bhajiya
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Crunchy Bread Rolls
- 1.5 cup Whole Milk / Doodh check notes
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 8 Bread slices
- 3 Boiled potatoes
- 1/2 cup Boiled peas-1/2 cup
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina chopped
- 1/2 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 2 tbsp grated cheese optional
- First of all Trim the sides of the bread.*
- Mix corn flour and pinch of salt in 1 cup water and half milk.(you can substitute milk with thin butter milk or plain water.)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan ,add cumin when it become golden then add peas ,green chili and cover and cook for 1 minute,then add mashed potatoes and all the spices, stir fry for 1 minutes.take out in a bowl.
- Add chopped mint ,1 tbsp butter or grated cheese mix well and make long rolls of about 1.5 inches from the mixture,keep aside.
- Dip bread slices in milk ,take out and squeeze well between your palms.
- Keep the potato mixture roll in between the bread and press and fold from all sides to make a tight roll.
- Heat oil in pan,deep fry rolls on medium flame,drain and serve
- Serving suggestions-serve with tomato ketchup or mint yoghurt dip.
- By adding cornflour in milk ,the rolls will absorb less oil. For a vegan version you can substitute milk with water.
- you can shallow fry the rolls in hot oil ,or brush with oil from all sides and bake in hot oven or air fryer.
- you can substitute potato with paneer and peas with mix vegetables.
These look wonderful, my Mum used to make it a lot for breakfats with various stuffings.. u made me nostalgic 🙂
They look perfectly crisp – great for evening snack!
Preeti Garg says
perfectly made….thanks for linking this recipe with my event
I love this one..Its soo crispy outside and soft inside! Yours looks great!
wow..perfectly made rolls
Yummy bread rolls looks so inviting.
Vimitha Anand says
Looks so crunchy and inviting… Perfect for chaai
Perfect ones.A very nice recipe too !
Amina Khaleel says
bread rolls look fantastic… bookmarked…
Do visit my new blog
very interesting and lovely… first time here…. do drop at my place when u get time…
rolls looks yumm n delicious too….perfectly done…
Looks really good.. have down a different version.. shall post soon!
Ongoing Event: I'm a STAR
Hamaree Rasoi says
Delicious and delightful bread rolls.
Looks perfect… u done deliciously good for breakfast.
crispy and golden..perfectly done
Lovely crisp ones,perfect with a cup of tea!!
Cook in any recipe with "Cilantro /Cumin & Just link in EP Series-Cilantro /Cumin Event
breadroll look so good
Very tempting, done it so perfectly, love that crisp brown color..
The rolls look so perfect. superb to have as an evening snack.
looks nice and yummy.
Yummy dish anuradha
any time snack i call it. i do make them but never used corn flour but used maida instead
and do visit my blog to take ur award