Chili pineapple rice- A very healthy Delicious Mildly spiced pilaf made with chopped pineapple and bell peppers
Chili Pineapple rice is a fruity flavored pulao. The ingredients are very simple and mild. This delicious pulav can be served as a main course dish and a good option for lunch box recipe. you don’t need side dishes with this pulao, goes well with some fries and chutney.
You can either use tinned pineapple or use fresh pineapple to make this pulao. Addition of coloured capsicum gives a nice colour and flavour to the pulao
Try these delicious and easy pulao recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayek
Chilli Pineapple Rice
A healthy ,delicious and flavourful pineapple and capsicum pulao
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup Rice/ Chawal
- 5 Pineapple Slices
- 3/4 cup Red Capsicum Chopped
- 3/4 cup Green Capsicum/ Bell Pepper Chopped
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1.5 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- 1.5 tsp Chili Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Ghee/Clarified Butter
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes then drain the water.
- Chop pineapple in small pieces(you can either use tinned or fresh) and chop capsicum in cubes.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan(you can use oil only) add cumin and chopped green chillies,stir,then add capsicum ,stir for few seconds.
- Add rice ,pineapple ,salt and chilli flakes.stir for few seconds.Then add 1.5 cup syrup from canned pineapple and 2 cup water.
- Give it a boil and then cover and cook on slow flame for 10 minutes or till cooked completly.
- Serve hot with any curry ,curd or mint yogurt chutney.