Apple Ki Sabzi – A simple sweet and sour apple based curry.
Apple Ki Sabzi – After coming to Dubai this was the first recipe which I learned here . My next door neighbor lady was a great cook and I tasted this apple sabzi at her place. I loved the simple clean flavors of this sabzi and start making it regularly in my kitchen as every one in my family liked this sabzi.
This apple sabzi is my son’s favourite too since childhood. He is working in the U.S now. Yesterday he called me and asked the recipe of apple sabzi, and then sent me the pics to show how he made it.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 4 Apples
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- Peel and chop apples in cubes. Chop chillies and ginger.
- Heat oil in a pan add ghee, and then add cumin. When it becomes golden add green chillies and turmeric.
- Now add the chopped apples, salt and 1 cup of water. Mix, cover and cook on slow heat till cooked and become soft.
- Mash few pieces and add chilli powder, ginger, sugar and cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add lemon juice and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot.