Carrot Green chili pickle – that goes with pretty much everything!
Carrot Green Chili pickle is a very popular pickle in India. There are so many version of making this and I have also posted few versions in my blog.
This pickle is slight sweet and sour taste. I have added some vinegar so it don’t have too much oil and addition of vinegar helps to preserve it and also added crunch to the pickle. If we add vinegar then the pickle stay fresh and crisp for a longer time.
To make this pickle I made a paste with ginger, mustard, fenugreek ,cumin, salt with some vinegar. Then the paste is stir fried in some oil to get a thick gravy like texture. the carrots are also stir fried and then the paste is added in the carrots. This way the pickle is made with a gravy type masala which looks and taste awesome.
Do try this pickle once and you sure will keep making it regularly .
Do Try These delicious pickle Recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Carrot and Chili Pickle
- 1/2 Kg Carrots
- 100 grams Green chilies
- 15 Dried red chilies
- 1 cup Refined Oil
- 1 cup White Vinegar / Sirka
- 1/4 cup Sugar / Chini
- 3 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 3 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- 30 grams Ginger / Adrak
- 30 grams Salt / Namak
- Wash and scrap carrots and then chop into batons.
- Peel and chop ginger into small pieces and green chilies in medium size pieces
- Take a mixer jar add ginger,cumin,mustard ,dried red chilies ,fenugreek and 3/4 cup vinegar and make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and then add the ground paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and fry for 4-5 minutes on medium heat ,keep stirring
- Add salt ,sugar ,chopped green chilies and the remaining 1/4 cup vinegar and cook again for 3-4 minutes till the gravy become thick.
- Remove from fire and let it cool down completely.
- Store in a sterilized jar and enjoy with roti or rice
It will easily stay fresh for minimum 2-3 months at room temperature