Do Try These delicious pickle Recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Carrot and Chili Pickle
- 1/2 Kg Carrots
- 100 grams Green chilies
- 15 Dried red chilies
- 1 cup Refined Oil
- 1 cup White Vinegar / Sirka
- 1/4 cup Sugar / Chini
- 3 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 3 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- 30 grams Ginger / Adrak
- 30 grams Salt / Namak
- Wash and scrap carrots and then chop into batons.
- Peel and chop ginger into small pieces and green chilies in medium size pieces
- Take a mixer jar add ginger,cumin,mustard ,dried red chilies ,fenugreek and 3/4 cup vinegar and make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and then add the ground paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and fry for 4-5 minutes on medium heat ,keep stirring
- Add salt ,sugar ,chopped green chilies and the remaining 1/4 cup vinegar and cook again for 3-4 minutes till the gravy become thick.
- Remove from fire and let it cool down completely.
- Store in a sterilized jar and enjoy with roti or rice
It will easily stay fresh for minimum 2-3 months at room temperature