Chili Paneer Mumtaz- A quick, simple and delicious cottage cheese and bell pepper curr
Chili paneer Mumtaz is a very quick and delicious paneer curry recipe. It is the quickest curry I always make when ever I am in hurry. You don’t need to make tomato paste and stir fry to make the base gravy.
This creamy curry is made just with cream and cashews and taste so amazing. you don’t even feel that this chili paneer Mumtaz it is made without using tomatoes .capsicum slices are stir fried in oil to get the nice flavor.
In this Chili Paneer Mumtaz Few tomato slices and tomato sauce is added to add colour and tanginess . Cashews and fresh cream give body and creaminess to the gravy. You can also add some full cream milk to the gravy if you don’t like thick curries.
You can serve this chili paneer Mumtaz curry with jeera rice but personally I prefer serving this with naan or lachcha parathas.
Chilli Paneer Mumtaz
- 250 gm Cottage cheese / Paneer
- 2 Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
- 1 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 12 Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 Tsp Dried Fenugreek / Kasoori Methi
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2.5 tsp Tomato Ketchup
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 2.5 tsp Cooking Oil
- Soak cashews in water for 1/2 hour ,then grind in the mixer with little water.
- Make long slices (batons)of paneer,capsicum and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute capsicum.Take out and keep aside
- Now add 2 tbsp cashew paste and sauté for a while .
- Add turmeric ,chili powder, crushed kasoori methi and sauté.
- Mix in 1 cup of water and simmer on low flame
- Add cream, paneer and capsicum .cook for 2 minute
- Add garam masala ,tomato fingers, tomato ketchup and fresh coriander.
- Mix and cook for a minute and serve hot.
- Serving suggestion-serve with tandoori roti,naan or any bread of your choice