Aloo matar mangodi ki kadhi- Potato, peas, and lentil nuggets cooked in a yogurt base curry
Aloo matar mangodi ki kadhi -In India we make so many different types of Kadhi. Every state and region have different versions of making kadhi. The main ingredient of making kadhi is sour yogurt/dahi and gram flour.
The base of kadhi is made almost same for all the kadhi’s ,though some prefer to make it thicker and some make it thinner and soupy. This depend on individual choice and also that you want to serve with rice or Roti.
The most popular kadhi is differently is from Punjab- The delicious Pakoda Kadhi ! There are few delicious kadhi’s from Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat . Some are sour ,some are spicy.some kadhi’s are made with only vegetables like the kutchi bhatia kadhi. Sindhi kadhi is made with roasted gram flour ,tomato juice and vegetables.
Miloni kadhi is my community special kadhi and is made with moong daal pakoda’s. This aloo matar mangodi ki kadhi is also my community special recipe and made on all celebrations like wedding,birthday’s and can be made regularly also. It paired best with sweet and sour Moong daal or sookhi moong daal.
The main ingredients of this kadhi is moong daal ki bari/vadi/mangodi. This delicious kadhi is served with khatti meethi moong ,steamed rice and poori.
If you love kadhi then do try these recipes-
Aloo Matar Mangodi Ki Kadi (Peas and Potato Stew)
- 3 tbsp Gram flour / Besan
- 1/2 cup Moong daal mangodi
- 175 grams Potatoes / Aloo 2 medium
- 1/2 cup Green Peas / Hari Matar
- 1 tbsp Bengal gram /chana daal
- 1.5 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 3/4 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1.5 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 2 Cloves / Lavang
- Peel and chop potato into medium size cubes.
- Soak bengal gram in 1/2 cup water for 20 minutes.
- Mix yoghurt, gram flour and 1 cup water and whisk well
- Take a big pan add 2 tsp of refined oil ,add mangodi's and saute on low flame till nicely golden in colour .
- Now add chopped potatoes,soaked chana daal, peas,and the yoghurt mixture in the pan.
- Add 5 cup of water, green chili, ginger,black salt, salt ,turmeric, coriander powder and chili powder.
- Mix well and cook on medium flame for 5 minute or till start boiling .
- Then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.keep stirring in between.
- Now heat 2 tsp of ghee or oil in a small pan ,add cumin seeds, when start crackling add asafoetida and cloves .
- Pour over the boiling kadi and cook for 1 -2 minutes, remove from the fire
- Add lemon juice and chopped fresh coriander.
- Serve hot.