Bakery Style Potato Buns -Eggless Stuffed Buns/Dinner Rolls with a spicy potato filling
- Refined flour /Maida-3 cup
- Olive oil-2 tbsp
- Active dry yeast-2 tsp
- Sugar-1 tbsp
- Salt-1 tsp
- Chili flakes-1 tsp
- Fresh coriander-1/4 cup
- Boiled potato-2
- Boiled corn or peas-1/2 cup
- Chopped capsicum-1/2 cup
- Green chilies-2
- Pav bhaji masala-1 tsp
- Turmeric-1/3 tsp
- Salt-1/3 tsp
- Mango powder-1/2 tsp
- Chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil/Butter-3 tsp
- Cumin-1/2 tsp
- Take a bowl add 1 cup luke warm milk ,sugar and yeast,mix properly,cover and rest for 10 minutes to activate the yeast(wait untill the bowl surface fully covered with froth)
- In a seperate bowl add refined flour, salt,chili flakes, olive oil,chopped fresh coriander and mix gently .
- Now add the yeast mixture and make a soft dough,can add some lukewarm water if needed.
- When you get a nice dough,gently knead it for approx 5 minutes till it become smooth .
- Cover and keep aside the dough to rest for around 1-1.5 hour or till it doubles in volume.
- Masala-take a pan and add oil or butter,when become warm add cumin seeds and chopped green chilies.
- Then add turmeric,coarsly mashed potatoes,and all the spices and vegetables.
- Now mix and stir fry all for approx 2 minutes ,till everything blends and cooks well.
- Take out in a bowl and let it cool down completly.
- Take out the dough and punch down gently 2-3 times to remove the air .
- Now make equal sized balls from the dough (approx 15)
- Grease your palms and flatten a bowl on your palm and place approx.1.5 tsp mixture in the center,
- Pull and bring all the edges in the centre and seal the ball completely.and make a smooth and neat ball.
- Brush the top of the buns with milk and bake in a preheated oven 180 degree C for approx 15 minutes or till top become nicely golden.
- When done remove from the oven and apply melted butter on top.
- Enjoy with a cup of hot coffee!
Eggless Stuffed Buns
Servings: 12 buns
How long can we store it, like with the potato inside . ?
For 2 days in the refrigerator
How long can we store it …if so in normal temperature or refrigerator??
Bindu you can store the buns for 2-3 days at room temperature and for a week in the refrigerator
@Anonymous-yes you can use same quantity of instant dry yeast.
Can I use instant dry yeas to make these buns? If yes, then how much should of the yeast should I use? Archie
can i make these buns without yeast
I love these buns..so tasty ! Thnx for linking them to my event..just one thing please can you use logo of this event per rules..Thanks !!
Shobha Kamath says
Wow! Terrific Buns! This is available as masala buns in the bakery. I would surely love to try this out.
Latha Madhusudhan says
Looks like a bakery bun. Well made and yummy.
Love these stuffed buns. You have bakes them perfectly..
Looks exactly like bakery's buns, beautifully baked.
Ruchira Hoon says
So yum! Want to eat them like now
Faseela Noushad says
yummy stuffed buns….
Archana Potdar says
Wow! Love these perfect buns. The addition of pav bhaji masala to the filling is yum.
Purabi Naha says
Absolutely gorgeous and so very Indian, with the addition of pav bhaji masala! Love this!!
Prathima Rao says
Amazing & yummy buns…Looks even better than the bakery ones..The outer covering is soft & yet firm..
Santosh Bangar says
perfect baked buns
Kaveri Venkatesh says
Very nicely made Anjanaji…Looks super tempting..getting reminded of the aloo buns we get in B'lore iyengar bakeries
Ramya Krishnamurthy says
Sangeetha Nambi says
Wow !! Perfect spicy buns…