Tomato Basil pasta- Pasta cooked in a spicy tomato,pepper and basil sauce
Tomato basil pasta is a very easy and delicious pasta preparation. Pasta is boiled in hot water and then a basic tomato sauce is made with chopped fresh tomatoes, pickled jalapeno and capsicum. The spices added are salt,oregano,chili flakes and fresh basil .
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Tomato and Basil Pasta
- 100 gm Penne pasta
- 2 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 1.5 tsp Pickled Jalepeno chopped
- 1/2 cup Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
- 10 Fresh basil
- 1 tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil / Zeitoun Ka Tel
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1.5 tbsp Grated cheese
- In a big pan boil sufficient water and season it with 1 tsp of salt.
- When water start boiling add pasta in it and cook al dente or as per the instruction on the package.
- Drain when done and apply 2 tsp of oil on it to avoid them sticking together.
- Take 1/3 cup water and mix 1.5 tsp of corn starch in it and keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a a pan,add chopped jalepenos and tomatoes.
- Cook for a minute and then add chopped capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Add salt,chili flakes, oregano,basil and cornflour slury and mix well.
- Now add the boiled pasta,chopped fresh basil and tomato ketchup and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with grated cheese and a pinch of oregano and serve hot