Tangy Green Chili Pickle- chilies cooked with Indian spices and lemon juice to make a delicious and tangy pickle
Green Chili Pickle- Since childhood I love pickles more then vegetables and always have some pickle with all my meals.But I avoid store brought pickles as they have a high sodium content,so I prefers to make my own pickles and stock different varieties of seasonal and yearly pickles and chutneys .
My favorite among all pickles is green chili pickle, so makes many varieties of chili pickles. I learned this chili choori pickle from a Maharashtrian friend of mine,so today sharing her version of making Maharashtian tangy green chili pickle.
The lemon and chili pickle and this Maharashtrian chili pickle is my favorite ,and they are made in small quantity and used fresh,and the stuffed green chili pickle is made for the yearly stock.
Do Try These delicious pickle Recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Green Chili Pickle-Maharashtrian style
- 250 gms Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander seeds/ sabut dhaniya coarsely grounded
- 1.5 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai kuria
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp White Vinegar / Sirka
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2.5 tsp Salt / Namak
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- Wash and then wipe green chilies with a napkin.and then chop chilies into roundels.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the tempering ingredients.
- When seeds become golden then add chopped green chilies and saute them for few seconds.(don't over cook)
- Now add 1 and 1/4 tsp salt and stir fry on high heat ,till all the extra moisture evaporates.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it come down to room temperature.
- In a bowl and coarsely ground coriander seeds,rai kuria,1/2 tsp salt,turmeric ,vinegar and lemon juice and mix well.
- Now add the chilies in the lemon juice mixture and mix properly.
- Transfer the pickle in a sterilized glass jar .
- Start using after a day so chili will absorb all the flavours,but can also use the same day.
- Stays fresh for 3 month in the refrigerator.
1-*You may substitute fenugreek seeds with kalonji/nigella seeds if you like the flavour and taste of kalonji.
2-*Rai kuria /Rai ki daal- are mustard seeds with the skin removed and then split/cracked or roughly ground and are yellow in colour,but you can also use coarsely ground black mustard seeds instead of rai kuria.
lalit kumar says
Your pickle recipe is so different and full of spices.
sripriya kannan says
Hot and yummy…i want to try this…u can also try tis.. green chilly pickle
Kitchen Queen says
made once n today making it again adding carrt and ginger too. awesome recipe, thanks
kausers kitchen says
Wow hottt pickle, looks delicious.
Event : Mango Delights
sanjivni yatin says
i love your recipes…..this pickle is my favorite..and i must try this…!!
Hottt n yummyyyyyyy
Looking yummy and delicious! Tempting clicks too:)
This pickle looks good. I love it anytime.
Do participate in a giveaway on my blog:
Veena Theagarajan says
this dish reminds me of great grandma
mouth watering pickle . Todays post :http://nayanas-kitchen-kreations.blogspot.in/2013/05/dhokar-dalna-snc-challenge.html
Kitchen Queen says
I make this but don't wait for one day. Eat it same day.
@HiBaljeet and Radha
I have updated the post about rai kuria ,please check.
WIll make this some time. What is rai kuria?
Looks yummmsss Whtsa subsitute for RaiKuria??
Wer SAHM says
hot chilli pickle…mouth watering recipe…
Sowmya Madhavan says
Priti S says
Love this …looks fab …nicely done