Corn capsicum sabzi masala- tasty and creamy curry made with corn and capsicum
Corn capsicum sabzi – corn not only taste great but is also very good for health. It is a very good source of thiamine,vitamin c and fibre and is high in carbohydrates.Yellow and white both corns has same nutritional values.Corn has many health benfits, it control diabeties,lower hyper tension,prevention of heart ailments and many more..
I often use corn in my cooking .I mainly use it in salads and chats.I have already posted a curry of corn-chili corn masala ,now I made this semi dry curry with capsicum and tomatoes ,which is simple to make and taste great.
Prep time-10 minutes
cooking time-15 minutes
- Bell peppers/ shimla mirch ,chopped -3 cup
- Corn kernals,boiled-1 cup
- Tomato puree- 2 tbsp
- Ginger ,grated-3/4 tsp
- Pav bhaji masala-1/2 tsp
- Chili powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt -to taste
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Fresh cream- 1.5 tbsp(optional)
- Chopped coriander-1 tbsp
- Cooking oil-2 .5 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Asafoetida-1/4 tsp
- Pressure cook corn kernals with a cup of water and a pinch of salt for 2 whistles,strain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds,when seeds start crackling add asafoetida,ginger and chopped tomatoes.
- Add salt mix and then cover and cook till tomatoes become soft.
- Now add tomato puree ,chili powder,turmeric,pav bhaji masala,coriander powder and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped capsicum and corn and mix well.
- Cover and cook till capsicum become slightly cooked and gravy thickens.
- Add fresh cream, lemon juice and fresh coriander and mix.
- Serve with rice,paratha or roti
1-You may substitute tomato puree with 1.5 tbsp of tomato ketchup
2- Addition of fresh cream is optional,I have not used it.