Kuttu Aloo Ki Pakodi-Gluten free buckwheat,potato and pumpkin fritters-vegan recipe for fasting
Kuttu Aloo Ki Pakodi -Buckwheat /Kuttu ka atta is a healthy and gluten free fruit seed.Though it is used from centuries but now it has become a very popular grain world wide as it is considered as a super food by experts.It is good for the patients who are gluten intolerant and for diabetic patients.It contain more protein then other grains.
It is also the most popular flour to use during fasting days.I also make kuttu ki poori, to eat during fasting. Amarnath flour,water chestnut flour,samak and Sabudana is also consumed during fasting.
Kuttu seeds are hot in nature so it is advised to have some yogurt along with kuttu to balance it.I always make either yogurt dip or some chaas or lassi to serve with kuttu poori and kuttu ki pakori especially during summer
Kuttu ka atta spoil easily so I always buy kuttu groats from the store and then grind them in the mixer to get fresh flour and then use it to make kuttu ki pakodi and keep refrigerated the remaining kuttu groats for future use.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Kuttu Ki Pakodi - Buckwheat flour Fritters
- 1.5 cup Kuttu aata/ Buckwheat flour
- 1 cup Potatoes / Aloo chopped
- 1 cup Yellow Pumpkin /kaddu/kashiphal chopped
- 2 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2 tsp Dried Pomegranate seeds powder/anardana powder
- Pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 3/4 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 1.5 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Salt / Namak to taste
- Chop potato and pumpkin into small and thin pieces,like we do to make poha.
- In a bowl add chopped potato, pumpkin, green chilies, fresh coriander and all the spices.
- Mix and add kuttu atta and mix all together.
- Add just enough water (aaprox 1 and 1/4 cup) to make a medium thick batter.
- Mix it well, it would be a slightly sticky batter.
- Now heat enough oil in a deep and broad pan.
- Drop spoon full of batter in the hot oil or use your fingers to drop the batter.
- Deep fry the fritters on medium heat to a nice golden colour.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter .
- Drain the fried kuttu pakoras on a paper napkin and serve hot.
1-Instead of using both the vegetables ,you can make this either with potato or pumpkin.
2-Don't make big size pakora's otherwise they will not become crisp.