Khajoor ka achar – Healthy and digestive Date Pickle
khajoor ka achar- Date pickle -As we all know dates are very good for health .They are very good source of dietary fiber, Iron, potassium, calcium ,Vitamin A and many more, so it is advised to include few dates in your daily diet.
There are many varieties of dates cultivated.The pulp of fresh date is very soft and easily digestible so when eaten it provide instant energy,so they are used to break the fast during Ramadan month.
I have mentioned earlier that I love to make different types of pickles which I inherited from my mother and grandmother,My grandmother used to make a very delicious pickle from Munakka(Big Raisins),But unfortunately I forgot to note down her recipe, now from a bookmarked recipe I tried making that pickle with dates and Munakka and it turn out perfect.This Chatpata Khajoor is delicious,very good for digestion and to improve appetite.
Khajoor Ka Achar / Date Pickle / Masala Khajoor
- 250 gms Dates / Khajoor
- 2 tbsp Raisins/Munakka
- 2.5 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/4 cup Castor sugar/pisi hui chini- 1/4 cup
- 1/3 tsp Ginger powder /saunth- 1/3 tsp
- 1/2 tsp Black salt-1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper Powder / Safed Mirch
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1/4 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 3/4 tbsp Dried Pomegranate seeds powder/anardana powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4 Cloves Cloves/laung
- 4 Lendi peepal
- Wash and wipe dates and raisins and spread on a cloth till they dry completely.
- Slit and remove the seed from dates and chop into 2 pieces .
- Dry roast lendi peepal till they swell up.
- Now grind together lendi peepal, cloves , cinnamon and pomegranate seeds and make a fine powder.
- Take a bowl and mix every thing together (except dates.)
- Now add the chopped dates and raisins and mix well.
- Keep it in the bowl for a day, so dates and raisin will absorb all the juice and flavor.
- Store in a glass jar at room temperature.
- Serving suggestions- serve as a appetizer,digestive or as a pickle
What is landi peepal
Prabha check this link-
For how long will this pickle stay good at room temperature and in the refrigerator?
Samira it easily stays well for months at room temperature
I made this achar a few days back .Luckily all items are available at Mustafas in Singapore …absolutely yummy and very good for clearing the tummy .
@Anonymous- pomegranate seeds are dried anardana, magaz are melon seeds/kharbooj ke beej
Is pomegranate seeds called magaj ??
A picture of the finished product will go a long way. It is said that a picture speaks a thousand words. Thanks anyway for the recipe.
Wow!!! This pickle looks great and delicious..Thanks for the awesome pickle recipe..
Mina Joshi says
Wow the pickle looks so fresh and tasty .
nandoos Kitchen says
lovely pickle. You have nice collections. Very happy to follow you.
Sushma Madhuchandra says
never heard or tasted this kajoor ka achaar. would love to try it! Thanks for sharing.
Jaleela Banu says
wow amazing khajoor pickle
Vidya Chandrahas says
Lovely Achar…That look so yummy and mouth watering.