Sprouted Moth Masala/ Matki Chaat – Healthy and delicious sprouted Moth bean and chana stir fry
Sprouted Moth Masala- Moth beans or Matki is a very healthy bean.It a small and oblong in shape, looks very similar to moong beans,but is brown in colour.It is a great source of protein, fiber ,Iron,calcium etc.
Whole Moth beans can be used to make curries,stir fries or can be used to add in salads and pilafs.So I always make bean sprouts to use in various dishes.I have already posted -healthy Moong Sprout Salad , Kabuli Chana Chat, and the popular Masala Kala Chana .Today I am sharing another sprout chat made with matki beans which can be served as a chat,breakfast or as a healthy side dish.
Do Try These delicious recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook , Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Sprouted moth masala
- 3/4 cup Moth Beans/ Matki
- 1.5 tbsp Black Chick Peas/ Kala Chana
- 3/4 cup Tomato Chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger/ Adrak Chopped
- 1 tsp Coriander powder/ Dhaniya Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric/ Haldi
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt/ Kala Namak
- to Taste Salt
- 1.5 tsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin/ Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida/ hing
- 1 tsp Green Chili Chopped
- Wash moth /matki and kala chana together and soak in enough water overnight or for minimum 8 hours.
- Drain and wash with water,drain all the water and keep in a colander ,cover and let them sprout for 2 days.
- Then wash them well with water to avoid any odour.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker and add cumin seeds.
- When cumin start crackling add asafoetida,chopped green chili, ginger and curry leaves.
- Then add the chopped tomato and salt and cover with a lid and cook on low heat.
- When tomato become soft then add all the spices and stir.
- Now add the sprouts and stir to mix well
- Now add 3/4 cup water and mix.
- Close the cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles on medium heat.
- When the pressure cool down completely then open the cooker and add lemon juice and fresh coriander.
- Mix well and serve hot or cold.
Sandhya Khattri says
Healthy chaat recipe, thanks for sharing.
Yummy Mummy says
Your recipes are always awsome and easy to make.
I follow your blog religiously. Sprouts make healthy & delicious breakfast. Looking very tempting.
Shweta Arora says
Matki has always been my fav pulse. Love it
Vimitha Anand says
Very healthy chaat
Veena Theagarajan says