Tomato Peanut Chutney- Roasted peanut and tomato dip
I have already posted- Green apple chutney ,sweet tomato chutney , bell pepper and walnut dip and many more chutnies and dip recipes
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Tomato and Peanut Chutney
- 3 Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped – 3 medium size
- 1/2 cup Roasted peanuts / moongphali
- 4 Dried red chilies
- 1 tsp Tamarind pulp optional
- Salt / Namak to taste
- 3/4 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 3/4 tsp White lentil/urad daal
- Asafoetida / Hing powder a pinch of
- 8 Curry Leaves
- 3.5 tsp Cooking Oil
- Heat 2.5 tsp oil in a pan and add dried red chilies.
- Roast on low heat for few seconds or till they change color and become darker.
- Now add chopped tomato and little salt ans saute till tomatoes become soft.
- Let them cool down completely.
- In a mixer jar add cooked tomatoes,peanut, tamarind and salt and grind to make a paste.
- Take out the paste in a bowl.
- In a small pan add 1 tsp oil and then add white lentil,mustard seeds.
- When seeds start crackling add asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared chutney and mix.
- Serve with any snack,dosa or idli.