Muhammara Dip- A very delicious Roasted Bell Pepper and Walnut Dip from Arabic Cuisine
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Muhammara / Roasted Bell Pepper and Walnut Dip
- 3 Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch Red
- 3 tsp Pomegranate Molasses / Pomegranate Syrup
- 3/4 cup Walnuts / Akhrot chopped
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- 3 Fresh Red Chilies/taaza laal mirch
- 3.5 tbsp Olive Oil / Zeitoun Ka Tel
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 1 Bread Slices
- Toast the bread and let it cool down then grind to make crumbs.
- Soak the walnuts in a cup of water for about 40 minutes.
- Roast the whole bell peppers on open flame or under a broiler till charred and blackened from all the sides.
- Peel the skin of the bell pepper and discard all the seeds and chop into small pieces.
- Roast the fresh red chilies on direct flame and rub to peel the skin and then chop
- In the mixer jar add chopped bell peppers, red chili, 2 tbsp bread crumbs,walnuts, salt, lemon juice and cumin.
- Grind on slow speed till it become a paste then slowly add olive oil and grind to mix all.
- Take out the dip in a glass jar and keep refrigerated.
- It remains fresh for a week in refrigerator.
- Serve with pita bread or any snack of your choice