Mogre ka Sharbat- Refreshing summer drink made with fresh and fragrant Indian Jasmine flower
Mogre Ka Sharbat – Summer demand for cool refreshing drink to beat the heat. The drinks and beverages market is flooded with amazing variety of pre-mixed sharbats and squashes. But all of them are made with artificial essences and food colors. Artificial colors and essence are harmful for our health so should be avoided. There are so many drinks which can be easily made at home with the ingredients, herbs and fruits available at home.
I always prefer to make drinks with fresh fruits, vegetable, herbs at home as they are healthy, fresh and economical too as compared to the juices available in the market. Sharbats and mocktails made with fresh flowers and herbs are significantly more refreshing and flavorful as compared to off the shelf market products and economical too.
Few days ago I made Fresh Rose Syrup at home and was a big hit and everybody loved the fresh taste and aroma of that rose sharbat. So I made this Mogre ka sharbat last week and loved the fresh taste and awesome flavour of fresh mogre ka sharbat.
You can try to make these easy and fresh home made sharbat this summer-
- Mango Lemonade
- Angoor ka sharbat / Grape drink
- Kairi Panna /Raw mango squash
- Lychee and Rose Cooler
- Watermelon Juice
- Kokum Sharbat
- Hibiscus Tea
- Lime Mojito
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Mogre ka Sharbat , Indian Jasmine Sharbat
- 150 gms Indian Jasmine Flower / Mogra Phool
- 850 gms Sugar / Chini
- 5 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 5 cup Water / Paani
- Wash the jasmine flower/ mogra phool with enough water.
- Now take the washed Flowers in a big bowl and add 3.5 cups of water in the bowl (the water should be enough to submerge the petals completely)
- Now cover the bowl and let the petals soak for few hours,keep mixing and gently pressing the petals 3-4 times in between.
- Then strain the flowers and keep the water and flowers separately.
- In a pan add 850 gms of sugar and 2 cups of water and the green cardamom and boil on medium heat till the sugar melts and the syrup become sticky like gulab jamun syrup/chashni.
- Add 3-4 drops of lemon juice to clear the sugar syrup scum.
- Now add the jasmine water( water in which you have soaked the jasmine petals and now strained) in the sugar syrup and just give it 2 boils.
- Switch off the flame and add the jasmine petals.
- Let the syrup come to room temperature and then cover the pan with a lid and let it rest overnight.
- Next day filter the syrup to remove all the petals and store the syrup in a glass bottle or jar.
- Keep it refrigerated for a long shelf life.
- How to serve- In a glass add few tbsp mogra syrup ,put some ice cubes and then add chilled water . usually its 1:5 ratio of syrup and water
- Stir well and serve !
Shoib Memon says
for Mogra sherbet, can we do distillation of motia flower and then use the motia flower water for making sherbet? will it have the same health effects ?
You have already strained the water in step 4.
Now in step 10…..How come the petals are to be removed again…..?
Nidhi ,After removing from water the flowers are soaked again in the sugar syrup ,Please check the recipe to clear your confusion.