Kaddu Pakoda-Crispy fritters made with yellow pumpkin and dosa batter
During winters we crave for hot and spicy food .Garma garam stuffed parathas and snacks are the daily demand from the family.Some times low fat snacks are also made like Kuzhi paniyarams and Sooji dhoklas but the deep fried are the most relished ones during cold chilly evenings.
Pumpkin is a very healthy vegetable but not a favorite at my place ,I often make khatta meetha kaddu or combine it with my kids favorite yogurt and make Pumpkin ka Raita or crispy -Kaddu ki Masala Poori.
Last week after making kaddu ki subzi a small piece of pumpkin was lying in my refrigerator which I want to finish up soon and a small bowl of left over dosa batter was also sitting next to it ,so thought of pairing both and then these amazing ,crisp pumpkin fritters was invented and relished by every one at home.This is a perfect way to use the leftover dosa or Idli batter.These fritters taste great with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Pumpkin Fritters, Kaddu Pakoda
- 1 cup Pumpkin /kaddu/bhopla sliced
- 1.5 cup Dosa batter
- 3/4 TSP Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 2 Cup Cooking Oil
- Peel pumpkin and slice to make medium size pieces
- In a big bowl add the leftover dosa batter.
- Add all the spices in the dosa batter and mix well.
- Heat oil in a wide and deep pan.
- Dip the pumpkin slices in the batter and drop gently in the hot oil.
- Deep fry on medium heat till they become golden and crisp from both the sides.
- Drain on a paper napkin to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup and chutney.