Sooji Dhokla- A very healthy steamed snack Savoury Semolina Cakes, made from semolina and yogurt
Sooji Dhokla- Dhokla is a very popular snack from the land of Gujarat. there are so many delicious dhokla recipes made with different ingredients but the basic merhod remains the same.
Dhokla is also a very healthy snack as it is made by steaming the batter and then a tempering is poured over the steamed dhokla to add the flavour and to garnish it.
Dhoklas are made mainly with gram flour,urad daal and chana daal ground paste. This sooji dhokla is an instant version of dhokla as you need no grinding of the lentis. Just add semolina in some sour yogurt ,give some standing time and the dhokla is ready to steam.
you can also try this dhokla recipe-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Sooji Dhokla / Savoury Semolina Cakes
- 1 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 0.5 cup Yogurt / Dahi Sour
- 0.5 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 0.25 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 1 tsp Eno fruit salt
- Salt / Namak
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients( except eno)
- Add water and make a semi thick batter of coating consistency, like you make for besan pakoras/fritters
- Keep aside for 10 minutes,add more water if it become thick.
- You can add red chilli powder instead of green chilli paste
- Take 1 tbls of oil in a small pan,add 1/2 t.s musturd seeds,pinch of asafoetida,5 curry leaves ,2 whole red chillies.
- When seed start crackling ,switch of the flame and add 2 tbls of water in it and then add this to the semolina mixture ,mix well
- Heat 2 glasses of water in the steamer,and grease the plates. when water start boiling in the steamer then add eno in the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter in the greased plate of steamer and steam for 10 minutes on high heat.
- Then switch off the gas,and take out the plate from the steamer after 5 minutes.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes,and cut into pieces
- Arrange in a serving platter and garnish with green coriander and fresh coconut.
- Serve with mint chutney
- You can make these dhoklas in a microwave oven too.
- Take a micro wave proof plate and grease it.
- Pour the batter (1/4 inch of thickness) cover and micro high for 3 minutes,