Jamun Shots – Summer special Jamun / java plum Ka tangy delicious and healthy sharbat
Jamun aur java plums are very healthy fruit to cool down the body heat. it is very refreshing , delicious and so easy to make.it is dark purple in colour and with a big stone inside it. it helps to lower the blood sugar so very good for diabetic people.
The seeds of Jamun are dried and ground into a powder and diabetic people use it daily to lower the blood sugar levels. Jamun is high in anti diabetic and antioxidant properties so the seed and the pulp both are used in various ways.
Today I am sharing my favorite summer cooler Recipe – Jamun shots. You can serve it immediately or make it in concentrated form and store in the refrigerator for around 10 days and serve when needed.
You can also try these during this season-
- Hibiscus Tea
- Kesar Elaichi Sharbat
- Kokum Sharbat
- Taza Gulab Ka Sharbat
- Angoor ka Sharbat
- Kesariya Thandai Sharbat
you can check My video Recipe here and subscribe to my youtube channel-Maayeka
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Jamun Sharbat/ Jamun Shots
- 500 gm Jamun/ Java Plum
- 1 Cup Sugar / Chini
- 1 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 1 Lemons / Nimbu
- Wash jamun and then soak in water for some time and then again wash and rub gently.
- Now boil the jamuns with 3 cups of water and 1 cup sugar and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes
- Quantity of sugar depends on the sweetness of your jamuns , you may need little more or less sugar.
- Keep removing the scum floating on top of the boiling jamuns.
- When jamuns become soft and the seed and the pulp start separating from each other then mash it using a potato masher or a whisk or a spatula
- Switch off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Separate the pits from the pulp and grind the pulp to make a fine smooth puree.
- Add 1/2 cup water to wash the jar and add in the puree and mix.
- Add 1 tsp of kala namak/ Black salt , 1 tsp bhuna jeera / roasted cumin powder, 1/2 tsp kali mirch / pepper powder , 1 tbsp lemon juice and mix
- Now the thick jamun concentrate is ready, you can store it for a week in the refrigerator
How to Make Sharbat-
- Fill the serving glass 3/4 with this jamun concentrate and then add chilled water or soda and few ice cubes, mix and add few drops of lemon juice to add some tanginess.
- Your Jamun sharbat is ready to serve , Enjoy !