Dahi wali mirch- green chilies cooked in simple spices and yogurt sauce
Dahi wali mirch is a simple tangy accompaniment to serve with meal as a sabji or Instant pickle. It can be easily stored for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. It is a Rajasthani specialty and taste slight spicy and sour.
for making dahi wali mirch use any mildly spicy and slightly plump chilies. you can use bhavnagri chilies , jalapeno or any chilies available locally at your area. If you love spicy food then go ahead and use any spicy variety of chilies of your choice.
If the yogurt will be slight sour then it taste best but fresh yogurt also work well in this recipe.
You can serve these delicious curd chilies with daal-chawal, khichdi or parathas ,they just taste awesome with every thing. the best thing about this instant pickle is that you require very few ingredients and it is prepared in very less time.
for making this dahi wali mirch you just have to slit the green chilies from the center but if you want then cut into roundels too. make tempering of mustard seeds in hot oil and then add some turmeric and the chilies. Now saute for a minute and then add salt, coriander powder some red chili powder , 4 tbsp of water , cover and cook for 2 minute so the chilies become slight soft. Now add the beaten yogurt and stir till it start to boil. Cover with a lid and simmer till chilies become soft, yogurt thicken and start releasing the oil.
Now your curd chilies are ready. you can store the leftover in the refrigerator for4-5 days. Enjoy these delicious khatti dahi wali mirch with your mela !
You can also try these U.P Special Curries-
you can subscribe to my youtube channel for new recipes every week
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Dahi Wali Mirch | Curd Chilies
- 250 gm Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1/3 cup Yogurt/Curd
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 3/4 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- Pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/3 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- Wash the green chilies ans remove the stalks and slit from the center or chop into roundels.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and then add the mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Add turmeric and the slit chilies in the tempering and saute for a minute on medium heat.
- Now add salt, coriander powder, chili powder and mix ,add 4 tbsp of water , mix well and cover the pan with a lid and cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Now add the whisked yogurt in the chilies and let it come to a boil, keep stirring
- When it start to boil then cover and simmer till the chilies become soft, the curd thicken and start releasing some oil.
- The curd chilies are ready now, switch off the flame.
- Enjoy the tangy curd chilies with daal-chawal, khichdi or parthas.