Kesar Elaichi Sharbat- A very delicious and refreshing cooler made with saffron,cardamom and rose water
Kesar Elaichi Sharbat – As soon as the summer season arrives we all make different types of sharbat, squash and cooler regularly. These sharbats or cooler helps to give some relief to beat the scorching heat of the hot summer season. Sharbats and squashes are either made from natural juices of vegetables and fruits or made with synthetic essence and colors.
Sharbats made with artificial colors and essences are nothing but only added sugar and are of no use except adding extra calories. So always try to make use of fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables to make refreshing sharbat , squash and coolers. I always make fresh sharbat with fruits ,flower and vegetables every season.
Few years back I had tasted this Kesar Elaichi sharbat in India and loved the flavor and the royal look of the sharbat but after coming back to Dubai I totally forgot about this . Last week when I was planning to make a good natural sharbat then instantly this sharbat came in my mind. I tried to replicate the taste and flavor of that sharbat and it was spot on !! It tasted exactly the same,I was so happy to create this royal kesar and Elaichi sharbat. This sharbat is so delicious ,refreshing and cooling .Do try this natural kesar Elaichi Sharbat this season and you will be making this regularly !
Addition of Silva leaf/ chandi ka vark is optional ,you can add or skip as per your choice.
How to Use The Kesar Elaichi Sharbat
You can use this kesar Elaichi Sharbat in so many ways-
- You can add this in chilled water and make cool and refreshing sharbat.
- Add in cold milk and make delicious and refreshing shake.
- Pour this over your favourite ice cream.
- Add little on chilled kheer or rabdi.
- Add a garnish over ice gola.
You can also try these natural and healthy summer cooler recipes-
- Angoor ka Sharbat
- Taza Gulab Ka Sharbat
- Kokum Sharbat
- Pineapple Agua Fresca
- Neer More
- Mango Lemonade
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Kesar Elaichi Sharbat
- 850 gm Sugar/ Chini
- 500 ml Water/ Paani
- 30 Green cardamom/ Hari Elaichi
- 1/2 tsp Saffron/ Kesar
- 1/8 tsp Citric acid/ neembu phool/tatri
- 1/2 cup Rose water/ Gulab Jal
- 2.5 tbsp Kewra Water/ Pandan leaf Extract
- 4 Silver Leaf/ Chandi ka vark
- Peel cardamom pod and take out the seeds and crush them and keep aside
- Soak saffron in 3 tbsp of warm water and keep aside and then crush it after 15 minutes.
- In a heavy bottom pan add sugar, crushed cardamom and water and cook till it become like a sticky syrup of one thread consistency.
- Add citric acid to clear the scum coming over the sugar syrup.
- Now add saffron in the sugar syrup and mix well and switch off the flame.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cool down completely.
- Now crush the silver leaf with 2 tsps of sugar in a small mortar and pestle and then add in the sugar syrup and stir to mix.
- Now add rose water and kewra water in the sharbat and mix well.
- Now fill the sharbat in a clean sterilized glass bottle and use when required.
- How to use- Pour 1.5 tbsp of syrup in a glass ,add ice and chilled water ,stir to mix well and serve immediately.