Vermicelli and potato cutlets
Vermicelli or sevai are fine sev or noodles which are earlier made in everyone home but now machine made sevai is readily available in the market. Vermicelli is made with wheat flour, maida or with semolina ,now most people prefer semolina vermicelli is as it taste good ,is light to digest and the texture is also nice.
Vermicelli or sevai is mainly used to make sevai ki kheer or Sheer khurma and a savory Vermicelli upma but you can experiment with it and come up with many delicious dishes.This vermicelli and potato cutlet is a nice snack to try with sevai ,you can even use your leftover vermicelli upma to make this cutlet.
You need boiled potato,boiled vermicelli and few spices to make this cutlet,you can either deep fry , shallow fry or brush the cutlets with oil and bake in an oven .
Vermicelli and Potato Cutlet
- 1 cup Vermicelli / Sevai boiled
- 2 medium Potatoes / Aloo boiled
- 4 tbsp Bread Crumbs, Dried
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 1 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp Chilli Flakes / Kuti Lal Mirch
- 1 tsp Oregano
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs, Dried for coating
- 2.5 tbsp Corn Flour
- 3 tbsp Water / Paani
- Peel and grate the potatoes .
- Take a bowl and add mashed potatoes ,boiled vermicelli ,chopped coriander ,chopped green chilies, oregano, chili flakes ,salt and 4 tbsp of dry bread crumbs.
- Mix every thing well ,no need to mash the vermicelli too much.
- Grease your palms with little oil and shape the mixture into medium size cutlets.
- In a bowl add corn flour and water and make a slurry.
- Spread 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs in a plate
- Heat enough oil to deep fry in a deep and wide pan.
- Now dip the cutlets in the cornflour slurry and then roll in the dry crumbs to coat from all the sides
- Now gently drop the cutlets in the hot oil and cook on medium heat till they become golden from all the sides
- Drain on a paper napkin to absorb the excess oil
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or any hot and tangy dip.
- Instead of using boiled vermicelli ,you can also use your leftover vermicelli upma to make these cutlets.
- Any type of vermicelli /sevai can be used .
- you can either deep fry these cutlets ,or shallow fry or bake in an oven
- To boil vermicelli- add vermicelli in enough boiling water and cook till it become soft and then drain on an colander and let it cool down completly before use.