A quick, easy and delicious dessert made with wheat flour
Aate ka halwa is probably the most commonly prepared sweet in all the houses of Northern India. Its quick, easy and taste delicious .When ever you crave for some thing sweet or when a guests visits you suddenly then you can quickly make this yummy dessert to serve.
In Gurdwaras this kada prashad is offered to the devotees as prashad ,This Kadah prashad is made in very large quantity to offer all the devotees who came to Gurudwars thus made in huge iron kadhai ,which are also named as kadhav so this halwa ka prashad is named as kadah prashad .
kada prashad have good amount of ghee while at home we can slightly adjust the quantity of ghee and sugar according to our preference so the only difference between the kada prashad and aata ka halwa is the amount of ghee used to make it.Today I am sharing the measurement to make kada prashad which is offered at Gurudwaras.
If possible try to use coarse wheat flour to make halwa ,it gives a nice texture but regular wheat flour can also be used to make it. As nuts are not used in the kada prashad but you can add if you wish,I usually add only cardamom powder to flavour it.
For a perfect aata halwa the wheat flour should be roasted on low flame ,if you roast it on high heat to fasten up the process then it will effect the taste so avoid high heat roasting ,while adding the sugar syrup mix it quickly to avoid the formation of lumps ,and even if you do got lumps then use a whisk to mix it quickly.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour/atta
- 1 cup Sugar / Chini
- 1 cup Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1 tbsp Gram flour / Besan
- 3 Cup Water / Paani
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- In a pan add water and give it a boil and then add sugar and stir till sugar just dissolve ,then remove it from the flame and keep aside
- In a heavy bottom broad pan add ghee.
- When ghee melts then add the wheat flour and besan.
- Roast wheat flour on low flame and keep stirring it till it become golden brown in colour (almost the colour of almond peel)
- When wheat flour become golden then add the hot sugar syrup in it
- Keep stirring it quickly to avoid lumps.if in any chance there are lumps in the mixture then use a whisk to mix it.
- Cook till it thickens and start leaving the sides of the pan and ghee start seperating from the halwa
- Add cardamom powder and mix .
- Serve hot or warm.