Baked taco tarts with corn and bell pepper filling-a healthy Mexican appetizer
preparation time-20 minutes
cooking time-20 minutes
- Corn Meal /makki ka atta-3/4th cup
- Refined flour -1/4th cup
- Baking powder-a pinch
- Chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Olive Oil – 1.5 tsp
- Red Bell Pepper,chopped – 3 tbsp
- Yellow Bell Pepper,chopped- 3 Tbsp
- Green Bell Pepper,chopped – 3 tbsp
- Tomato, chopped – 1 cup
- Corn Kernels,boiled – 1/2 cup
- Green Chillis,chopped – 1 tsp
- Jalapeno,chopped – 1.5 tsp
- Cheddar Cheese – 1 tbsp
- Chilli Flakes – 3/4 tsp
- Ground cumin-1/3 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Processed Cheese-1 tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 tsp
- Dough-In a bowl add corn meal,refined flour,salt,chili powder,baking powder and oil,mix well and then add warm water and make a medium soft dough.
- Rub the dough for a minutes and make small balls from the dough.
- Dust with refined flour and roll to make a tortilla and prick with a fork.
- Place the rolled tortilla/disc inside the greased tart mould and press gently and then cut off any extras from the edges.
- Brush the inside of the tarts with little olive oil.
- Keep the tarts in the preheated oven at 160 degree and bake for approx-20 minutes.
- When tart get a nice golden colour, remove from the oven and keep aside.
- Topping-In a pan heat 2 tsp oil and add chopped bell peppers and saute for a few seconds.
- Now add corn kernals,jalapeno,green chilies,salt,chili flakes,ground cumin and oregano and saute for a few seconds,
- Add chopped tomato and stir fry to make them slightly soft but crunchy.
- Add cheddar cheese,mix and take out in a bowl.
- fill the baked tarts with approx1 tbsp of topping and put some grated cheese on the top.
- Dot with ketchup and garnish with basil leaf.
- Serve with ketchup
you may also fry the tarts in hot oil .Fry with the tart mould then remove from the mould when done(while hot).Sending to-Javelin’s event-made with love Monday event