Baked taco tarts with corn and bell pepper filling-a healthy Mexican appetizer
preparation time-20 minutes
cooking time-20 minutes
- Corn Meal /makki ka atta-3/4th cup
- Refined flour -1/4th cup
- Baking powder-a pinch
- Chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Olive Oil – 1.5 tsp
- Red Bell Pepper,chopped – 3 tbsp
- Yellow Bell Pepper,chopped- 3 Tbsp
- Green Bell Pepper,chopped – 3 tbsp
- Tomato, chopped – 1 cup
- Corn Kernels,boiled – 1/2 cup
- Green Chillis,chopped – 1 tsp
- Jalapeno,chopped – 1.5 tsp
- Cheddar Cheese – 1 tbsp
- Chilli Flakes – 3/4 tsp
- Ground cumin-1/3 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Processed Cheese-1 tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 tsp
- Dough-In a bowl add corn meal,refined flour,salt,chili powder,baking powder and oil,mix well and then add warm water and make a medium soft dough.
- Rub the dough for a minutes and make small balls from the dough.
- Dust with refined flour and roll to make a tortilla and prick with a fork.
- Place the rolled tortilla/disc inside the greased tart mould and press gently and then cut off any extras from the edges.
- Brush the inside of the tarts with little olive oil.
- Keep the tarts in the preheated oven at 160 degree and bake for approx-20 minutes.
- When tart get a nice golden colour, remove from the oven and keep aside.
- Topping-In a pan heat 2 tsp oil and add chopped bell peppers and saute for a few seconds.
- Now add corn kernals,jalapeno,green chilies,salt,chili flakes,ground cumin and oregano and saute for a few seconds,
- Add chopped tomato and stir fry to make them slightly soft but crunchy.
- Add cheddar cheese,mix and take out in a bowl.
- fill the baked tarts with approx1 tbsp of topping and put some grated cheese on the top.
- Dot with ketchup and garnish with basil leaf.
- Serve with ketchup
you may also fry the tarts in hot oil .Fry with the tart mould then remove from the mould when done(while hot).Sending to-Javelin’s event-made with love Monday event
Can I made these tarts nd filling earlier…nd assemble at the time of party ?
I love ur recipes"….One thing I want to know that Can I made these tarts and filling earlier….and assemble at the time of party….I want to made this for my daughter birthday party…
@Anonymous-yes you can use maida/ refined flour instead of makki ka aata
can I replace makai atta with something different? please tell.
Tacos in Tart Shells?? What an idea Sirjee
Javelin Warrior says
These little starts are so adorable and love the use of cornmeal for the shell. And the combination of corn, pepper and tomato sounds so tasty… Thanks so much for sharing and welcome to the Made with Love Monday series! Please remember to use the Made with Love Mondays series name when linking back…
Mina Joshi says
Looks absolutely delicious. Perfect to serve as starters
Priya Suresh says
Very attractive and super tempting tarts.
Mouthwatering dish.. Nice clicks
Sapana Behl says
Looking so perfect appetizer.
Sanoli Ghosh says
Very yummy delicious and lucrative party snacks.
Meena B says
absolutely lovely and yummy snack anjana
Join my event &give away
Event& give away
What a colourful appetizer , just a look at it is enough to make one hungry….
Great Recipe…Love the fact that the tarts are baked. Much healthier option. will book mark to try this one for sure.
Amrita Vishal says
Bookmarking this beauty and trying them soon
Maha Gadde says
deliicous n luks so cute, Love to have these r8 nw..
Kaveri Venkatesh says
Love these savory tarts…Looks so delicious
Delicious and colorful appetizer.. Looks very inviting!
Wow wow wow… What a pretty cute appetisers
It is really a very nice snack.. specially for a party..
Teena Mary says
wow..those look so cute & tasty!!! Loved the bright colours & click 🙂
Luks yummy and nutritious…