There are many ways to cook karela,some make it stuffed,saute, stir fry it.I have also posted some delicious karela recipe in my blog,If you like karela then check my-Daal karela, Crispy karela kachri ,Stir fried karela , Bharwa Karela , Khatta metha karela recipes
Prep time-10 min
Cooking time-10 min
- Wheat flour /atta- 1 cup
- Gram flour /besan -1/4 cup
- Semolina /Sooji-1 tbsp
- Bitter gourd peels /Karela chilka-1 cup
- Cooking oil- 1tbsp
- Tamarind pulp-1.5 tbsp
- Fennal powder/Saunf powder-1 tsp
- Chili powder /Mirch- 1tsp
- Coriander powder /Dhaniya- 1tsp
- Turmeric/haldi- 1/4 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Take the karela peels in a bowl and add 1/2 tsp of salt ,mix and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Wash them well with enough water and then squeeze well to remove all the water.
- Take a big bowl and add all the ingredients and karela peels.
- Mix well and add enough water and make a medium stiff dough.
- Cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Dust the balls with dry flour and roll to make medium thick pooris.
- Deep fry in hot oil from both the sides till golden in colour.
- Drain on a paper napkin.
- Serve hot.