Karela Peel poori – Crispy poori made with karela peel and spices
There are many ways to cook karela,some make it stuffed,saute, stir fry it.I have also posted some delicious karela recipe in my blog,If you like karela then check my-
Prep time-10 min
Cooking time-10 min
- Wheat flour /atta- 1 cup
- Gram flour /besan -1/4 cup
- Semolina /Sooji-1 tbsp
- Bitter gourd peels /Karela chilka-1 cup
- Cooking oil- 1tbsp
- Tamarind pulp-1.5 tbsp
- Fennal powder/Saunf powder-1 tsp
- Chili powder /Mirch- 1tsp
- Coriander powder /Dhaniya- 1tsp
- Turmeric/haldi- 1/4 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Take the karela peels in a bowl and add 1/2 tsp of salt ,mix and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Wash them well with enough water and then squeeze well to remove all the water.
- Take a big bowl and add all the ingredients and karela peels.
- Mix well and add enough water and make a medium stiff dough.
- Cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Dust the balls with dry flour and roll to make medium thick pooris.
- Deep fry in hot oil from both the sides till golden in colour.
- Drain on a paper napkin.
- Serve hot.