Sun dried Tomato, Olive and Herb Bread- Healthy Delicious and flavourful Home made eggless bread
Bread making is a passion and when you start trying and making your own bread you need some time to get perfection. But after some flops and disasters eventually you get your favorite successful bread recipe. Same happens with me when I started baking,some time I got very hard bread ,uneven breads but after few trial and errors now I can make a decent loaf of sun dried tomato,olive and herb bread which I have posted here- –Egg less basic white bread
Few days back I made my own batch of home made sundried tomatoes then made this popular Italian bread – Olive and Rosemary Focacia every one at home loved that,so now I made this herb,sun dried tomato,olive bread,which turn out very soft and flavorful.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Savory Sun-dried Tomato,Olive and Herb Bread
- 2 cup Refined Flour / Maida
- 1.5 tsp Instant yeast
- 2 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 3/4 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 1 tsp Oregano dried
- 2.5 tbsp Fresh basil chopped
- 2 tbsp Pickled jalapeno chopped
- 3/4 cup Sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 cup Black Olives / Kaale Zeitoun sliced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil / Zeitoun Ka Tel
- In a small bowl take 3/4 cup of Luke warm water and mix sugar in it.
- Now add instant yeast in the water and mix well.
- Cover the bowl and keep side for 5-8 min or till it froth completely(the whole bowl will cover with froth)
- Take a big bowl add flour,salt and oil and mix well.
- Now add sun dried tomato,olives, basil, oregano, pepper, jalapeno and mix well.
- Add the yeast mixture and mix to make a soft and sticky dough.
- Add some more lukewarm water or milk if needed.
- Now gently knead the dough for 5-7 minutes.
- Put the dough in a big bowl and loosely cover with a cling wrap or with a plate.
- Keep the bowl in a covered and hot area to prove(ferment and rise)
- When the dough become double in size then take out the dough and punch it gently to remove the air.
- Now knead for few seconds .
- Make a dough roll of the size of the baking tray/pan.
- Keep the roll in the baking pan and keep in a warm place to prove.
- Preheat the oven at 170 degree C.
- When it become double in size then keep the pan in the oven.
- Bake for about 35 minutes in the middle rack with both rods on.
- After 20 min cover the bread with a brown paper so the top will not become too dark (if you are using a big oven or gas oven then can skip this)
- When done take out the bread from the oven and un-mould .
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Slice the bread and serve with butter.
Instead of pickled jalapenos you can use chopped green chilies
If fresh basil is not available then use 1.5 tsp of dried basil.
You can adjust the quantity of olives and sun dried tomatoes by adding little more or less.