Dill and Pea Pulao- Flavorful and aromatic rice and dill pilaf
Dill rice is a a popular recipe of Persian cuisine they use dill and lima beans to make a fragrant pulao. Suwa is mainly used to make dips,stir fries,soups ,paratha and rice preparations.
Only the tender leaves of Shepu/suwa should be used and discard the leaves which are yellow and avoid using the thick steams as the hard and thick steams will ruin the taste. I have used only peas but you can also use mixed vegetable or make it just with dill and tomatoes.
Rice is consumed in all the states of Indian specially in the southern parts. Biryani and pilaf are made of different varieties. different types of vegetables, fruits and spices enhance the taste of pulao and biryani.
Do check these delicious Pulao Recipes-
- Chili and pineapple rice
- Kiwi and coriander rice
- Vegetable biryani pilaf
- Kabuli Chana Pulao
- Lemon Rice
- Kathal Biryani
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook , Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Dill and Pea Pulao
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 bunch Dill/ Suwa 130 gm
- 3/4 cup Peas/ Matar
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 3 cup Water
- To Taste Water
- 5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds/ Jeera
- 3 Cloves/ Lavang
- 3 Green Cardamom
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 2 Bayleaves/ Tejpatta
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon/ Daalchini
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes.Discard the hard steams and wash the dill leaves.
- Now finely chop the dill leaves and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a heavy and broad pan.
- Add all the tempering and let it crackle .
- Now add chopped tomatoes and salt,cover and cook till tomatoes become soft.
- Add dill leaves and all the spices and saute.
- When oil start separating then add soaked rice and peas and stir for a minute
- Now add water in the rice and let it come to a boil.
- When it start boiling cover the pan and let it cook on slow flame till done.
- When done fluff with a fork and serve hot.
- Serving suggestions-best served with yogurt , raita and salad
Thank you very much for sharing, teaching your beautiful nutritious recipes. We made Dill pulav and Dill dal, they were hearty, wholesome and wonderful. We love the simplicity and delicate touch you give to the ingredients to make them shine. Thank you for your hard work and efforts in preserving our traditional recipes too, looking forward to making, learning more from you 🙂
Thank you so much Pratima !!
Hi, I made the pulao today and it was excellent. I followed exact recipe and was surprised that a pulao without onion, ginger or garlic tasted so good! Perfect for the fresh green peas season !
Priya Suresh says
This pulao looks just simply out of the world,
Nithya Ravi says
This looks yummy and different.
dill leaves gives this pulao a lovely flavour…looks yumm
Kaveri Venkatesh says
Very flavorful and yummy looking rice