Mango Kasundi- Tangy, sour and pungent mango and mustard sauce-specialty from the state of Bengal
Mango Kasundi – Mango season is about to start and in Dubai we start geting good quality of raw mangoes.Yesterday I made this fresh first batch of mango kasundi and thought to share with all of you . Mango kasundi have a very wonderful and additive taste if you love the pungent taste and flavors of mustard oil and mustard seeds.
Kasundi taste very different then the regular mint or tamarind chutney.It can also be made with out the addition of raw mangoes . I like the taste of raw mangoes so prefer this mango version. Addition of raw mango balance the pungent taste of mustard and make it more delicious and tangy.
You need just few ingredients to make this mango kasundi-raw mango,mustard seed,mustard oil and green chilies. Like most of the Indian recipes mango kasundi also have few more different versions according to every families taste and tradition.
Here I am posting my favorite recipe which I learned from a Bengali friend of mine.Hope you all will make it and love it like I do.For some more chutney recipes check-
- Kamrakh mirch ki chutney,
- Amla chutney ,
- Pineapple chutney
- Kiwi Mint Chutney
- Raw Mango no cook chutney
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook , Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates .
Mango Kasundi / Bengali Mustard Sauce
Mango kasundi- Tangy delicious Mango and Mustard sauce- a specialty from Bengal
Servings: 1 jar
- 50 gm Split Mustard seeds/Rai kuria
- 2 tsp Black mustard seeds /rai
- 300 gm Raw mango /kachcha aam
- 3 tbsp Green chilies/hari mirch
- 1/4 cup Mustard oil /sarso ka tel
- 1.5 tbsp Salt /namak
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric /haldi
- Wash,peel and chop raw mango in small pieces.
- Take mustard seeds and rai kuria in a mixer jar and grind for few seconds .
- Now add salt, turmeric, green chilies, raw mango and mustard oil.
- Grind to make a slight coarse paste.
- Pour the mixture in a glass jar or earthen pot , Don't use plastic jar.
- Add 3 tsp of mustard oil over the prepared kasundi
- Cover the jar with a fine muslin cloth.
- Keep the jar for 4-5 days in sunlight.
- Keep refrigerated after 5 days
- Serving suggestions-Serve with any fried snack,as a side dish or use as a marinade.
Walter D' Rozario says
The above mango kasundi recipe needs a clarification,
is 15 tablespoons of SALT is correct to prepare for this recipe?
hi Walter-the quantity of salt mentioned in the recipe is 1.5 tbsp not 15,please check
Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj says
Looks nice and very new to me…
Hamaree Rasoi says
Colorful and delicious looking kashundi.
new to me,looks tempting !!
Priya Suresh says
Completely a new dish for me.
Sanoli Ghosh says
My all-time favourite kasundi. Very well made didi.
Veena Theagarajan says
this is totally new to me.,. love it