Healthy multi-grain seed bread
Multigrain Bread- I love making my own bread. Making bread is a joy and a passion,the smell of freshly baked bread filled in the house makes you happy and first sight of the wonderful baked bread fresh from your oven makes you feel awesome .Bread baking is not a tough task if you get the right recipe and good yeast then in one or two trails you can get your perfect bread recipe.
To make bread few things should be taken care of – the quality of yeast, the temperature of water in which you have to mix the yeast should be right ,too hot temperature can kill the yeast and if the yeast will not froth properly then discard it and make a fresh one again.
Kneading should be done properly for about five minutes, over and under proving should be avoided as it also effect the result. Rest every thing is quite simple so bake and enjoy your fresh Healthy Multigrain bread!
To make this Multigrain bread I have used finger millet/ragi flour and maize flour/ makki ka atta but you can use any healthy flour to add in this bread .Sunflower seeds ,pumpkin seed or even char magaz/melon seeds can be added as par your preference and availability of ingredients at home.
I do bake regularly and my favourite are-
- Basic white bread ,
- Sun dried tomato ,olive and herb bread
- Olive and rosemary Foccacia
- Blueberry Muffins.
- Orange and tutti frutti Cake
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Multigrain seed bread
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1 cup Refined Flour / Maida
- 2 tbsp oatmeal
- 2 tbsp Maize Flour / Makki Ka Atta
- 1 tbsp Finger millet flour /Ragi /Nachni
- 1.5 tsp Flax seed /alsi powdered
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1.5 tsp sesame seeds /til
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 3/4 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/2 tbsp Active dry yeast
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar / Chini
- 3/4 cup Water / Paani
- In a bowl take 1/2 cup of lukewarm water and add sugar and yeast and mix properly.
- Cover the bowl and keep aside for about 5 minutes or till it froth well.
- In a separate bowl add all the dry ingredients and salt and mix well.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/4 cup water,oil and yogurt
- Now add the yeast mixture and the yogurt oil mix in the dry flour mixture .
- Mix everything and knead for about 5 minutes, can add about a 1-2 tbsp of water if needed.
- Put the dough in a big and greased bowl,cover and keep aside for about 1 hours to prove or wait till it become double in volume
- When it rise properly then take out from the bowl and gently punch it down to release the air,no need to knead it too much at this stage.
- Shape the dough in a log and put it in the greased and dusted loaf tin.
- Let it rise again for about 20 min or till it become double in volume
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree with both rods on.
- Brush the loaf with milk and sprinkle some sesame seeds and oats over the top
- Keep the loaf tin in the center rack of the oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes till the top become golden,it sounds hollow when done.
- When its done remove from the the oven and unmold from the loaf tin.
- let it cool down completely and then slice and serve.
- As sunflower seeds are not easily available in small centers in India so you can also use char magaz/melon seeds or pumpkin seeds.
- you can substitute Ragi and maize flour with gram flour/besan and soybean flour .
- The rising time of the dough depends on the temperature in the climate,it takes longer to prove in winters.