Instant Mango pickle – Quick,easy and delicious Kerala style Mango pickle Onam Sadya special pickle from Kerala
Instant Mango pickle – Mango season has started everywhere and raw mangoes are easily available in the markets. I make mango pickle every year. There are so many homemade pickle jars in my pantry but still I always look for new recipes to try. This year I want to make something instant and easy as there are many requests from my blog viewer to post an easy instant recipe.
So this year I wanted to try this Kerala style cut mango pickle which is very easy to make, instant and taste so delicious. This instant mango pickle is also known as Manga curry and a must have on Onam Sadya menu and in all religious functions and weddings in Kerala.
The mango should be chopped in small pieces without peeling it. If the mango is very sour then you can add little jaggary into it but traditionally jaggary is not added but no harm if you add it. This instant cut mango pickle will stay fresh for a month in the refrigerator.
Traditionally Gingelly oil or Sesame oil is used in Kerala to make this cut Mango pickle but you can easily use any vegetable oil which you normally use in your cooking. This goes best with Curd Rice, Parathas , Moong Daal Khichdi and Daal-rice combo. So make this easy pickle and enjoy !
I have already posted –
- Punjabi Mango Pickle,
- Gujarati Mango pickle Recipe
- Aam Ka Sookha Achar
- Marwari Aam aur Chaney Ka Achar
- Kairi Cha Takku
- Aam Ka Chunda
A quick instructional video of this recipe can be found on this link:
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook , Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Instant Mango pickle- Karela style Mango pickle
- 400 gms Raw Mango / Kachcha Aam chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2 tbsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/3 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
- 15 Curry Leaves
- Dry Roast fenugreek seed slightly and then grind to make a powder and keep side.
- Wash and wipe well the raw mango and then chop to make small pieces.
- Take the chopped mango in a bowl and add salt, turmeric, roasted fenugreek powder and red chili powder and mix well
- In a pan add the oil and heat and then add mustard seeds.
- When mustard start to crackle then add asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Now add the mango mixture and stir to mix well.
- Switch off the heat and let the mixture cool down in the pan.
- Fill the pickle in a glass jar and keep refrigerated.
- You can stat eating it immediately but it taste much better after 2-3 days when the mango pieces absorb all the flavors.
- Serving- can serve with curd rice, khichdi, paratha ,it goes well with any thing savory.
Bruce Deniger says
I had heard about mango pickle but not tasted yet. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I am going to try this recipe out in my home. Waiting for your upcoming post.
Do Try the recipe Joanne,its easy and quick,I am sure you will love it 🙂