Kairi cha takku- A very quick ,easy and Instant grated raw mango and jaggary pickle- No cook recipe
kairi cha takku is a very popular Maharashtrian pickle. It is the easiest pickle I have ever made . It is very quick and easy to make yet taste so delicious.
Pickle making is an art . If you want to make large quantity of yearly stock then you have to be particular about so many things to make a perfect pickle SO it can last an whole year. It start with selecting the right vegetable,washing and wiping it well to remove all the moisture .A slight moisture can ruin the pickle. Then the selection and roasting or sun drying the spices to remove the moisture is also important .
The quantity of salt to be added in the pickle is the most important factor , as too much and too less salt both can effect the shelf life ,the taste and texture of the pickle.
I always make so many yearly and Seasonal pickles every year and every time the pickles turn out awesome . My mom and grandmom both are culinary experts and makes amazing pickles of so many varieties so I may have also inherited their passion of pickling 🙂
This year I learned this super easy and so quick to make kairi cha takku pickle from a Maharashtrian friend of mine. It was so delicious that we finished the jar in just 2 days . Every one in my family just loved it . This Kairi cha takku goes well with paratha ,roti daal rice , mathri ,snack every thing. I have it like chutney with Aloo pakoda .
How To Make Kairi Chi Takku
Peel raw mango and grate with a thick grater. In a bowl add the grated raw mango, grated jaggary , kashmiri chili powder ,roasted fenugreek powder and salt and mix well.
Heat 1.5 tsp cooking oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and asafoetida . Add the tempering in the grated mango mix and stir well. Now mix it and your delicious tangy mango pickle is ready to serve immediately.
This pickle easily stays well for a month in the refrigerator and for 2-3 days at room temperature. Serve with roti, paratha ,rice or as a dip with any snack of your choice .
Do Try these easy and quick pickle recipe-
- Instant Red Chili Pickle
- Athela Mircha/ Raita Mircha
- Instant mango pickle
- Kathal Ka Achar
- Grape Pickle
- Amla Thokku
Kairi Cha Takku
- 1 cup Raw Mango/ Kairi/ Kachcha Aam grated
- 1/3 cup Jaggary/ Gur * Grated
- 1.5 tbsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/6 tsp Roasted Fenugreek powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1.5 tsp Cooking oil
- 3/4 tsp Mustard Seeds/ Rai
- Pinch Asafoetida/ Hing
- Wash and then wipe the raw mango and then peel it.
- Grate the peeled raw mango using a thick grater.
- Take a big bowl and add the grated mango,grated jaggary, chili powder,kashmirri chili, salt, roasted fenugreek powder and mix well.
- After some time the jaggary will melt completely and release moisture.
- Now heat oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds. when seeds start to crackle switch off the heat and add asafoetida in the oil.
- Now pour this tempering in the pickle and mix.
- let it cool down completely then store it in a sterlized galss jar.
- Keep it refrigerated for a long shelf life. It stays well for 2-3 days at room temperature and for a month in the refrigerator.
- Serve with paratha,roti rice or as a dip with snacks
- Try to choose sour firm raw mangoes.
- The quantity of jaggary depends on the sourness of the raw mangoes and your taste preference . You may need 1/4 to 1/2 cup jaggary.
- Addition of kashmiri chili powder gives a very beautiful red colour to the takku. But if it is not available then can use only the normal red chili powder,but add some turmeric powder in the tempering to enhance the colour.
- You can also add some chopped green chilies in it .