Falsa/ Phalsa Sharbat- a very healthy ,refreshing natural fruit drink to combat the heat
Falsa Sharbat- Falsa / phlasa is a delicious fruit available only during summer season specially in Uttar Pradesh region.This falsa berry is quite similar to the size and colour of blueberry and is sweet and sour in taste. It is very healthy and cooling for the body. Having this fruit regularly during summer is very beneficial to combat the heat problems.
Falsa is rich in minerals and nutrients,potassium, vitamin A ,C ,K and is rich in antioxidant. Falsa is also good for regulating High Blood pressure ,control cholesterol ,cure anemia and good for liver health . It also helps to to cure indigestion, nausea,acidity ,headache, high fever and urinary problems. Falsa is also very good to cure respiratory problems, asthma, hiccups, cough and cold. The juice also act good as a brain tonic and if applied on skin helps to cure eczema, pimple, acne and boils.
You can have this fruit as it is or make a delicious sharbat/ cooler out of it. Addition of black salt,pepper powder, roasted cumin seed powder and mint enhance the taste and make it easier to digest.
How To Make Falsa Sharbat
Traditional way of making this sharbat is to mix falsa and sugar and keep it covered for an hour so the phalsa become soft. Then the falsa mixture is mashed using fingers so it will turn into a soft mash. Then some cold water is added and then it is strained through a strainer or a fine muslin cloth . Then black salt,cumin powder ,crushed ice is added and served chilled.
But now we are looking for easy and quick recipes so you can use a mixer to make this falsa sharbat but don’t grind it too much else the seeds will also grind and not taste that good . we just need to crush the flesh of the fruit. Then add some water and strain through a sieve , Add the spices and mint leaves .Chill and serve when needed.
You can also try these delicious beverages-
- Hibiscus Tea
- Kesar Elaichi Sharbat
- Kokum Sharbat
- Taza Gulab Ka Sharbat
- Angoor ka Sharbat
- Kesariya Thandai Sharbat
you can subscribe to my youtube channel- Maayeka for new recipes every week
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 250 gm Falsa/ Phalsa
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt/ Kala Namak
- 1 Roasted Cumin Powder/ Bhuna Jeera
- 15 Mint Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder optional
- 1 liter water
- 1.5 cup crushed ice
- Wash phalsa with enough water
- Take a blender jar and add the phalsa ,sugar and 2 glasses of water and churn it slightly,don't make a fine paste else the seeds also grind in it.
- Now strain it with a fine strainer and collect the juice in a bowl.
- Add 2 glasses of water, pink salt, pepper powder,roasted cumin powder and some chopped mint leaves and refrigerate the sharbat/ juice for an hour to chill.
- Now add some crushed ice in each glass and then pour the phalsa sharbat in the glasses.
- Garnish with some mint leaves and serve.