Vrat ki ras wali aloo ki sabzi- A simple to make delicious potato curry with just few basic ingredients
Vrat ki ras wali aloo ki sabzi is a simple and easy to make and taste delicious. It can be made for fasting and on normal days for a change in taste. Potato curry is the must make recipe for fasting. There are so many variations and methods of making potato curry for fasting.
This is the simplest curry which I often make for fasting and when I am in hurry. I always add freshly pounded green chili and ginger in this curry but you can also add pepper powder in it if you likes the flavor of pepper.
I have also posted potato curry with yogurt and simple jeera aloo for fasting , you can check these recipes also. I usually serve this ras wali aloo ki sabzi with rajgiri aata poori or paratha or with kuttu paratha .
You can also check these fasting recipes-
Check my youtube channel for many delicious interesting recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates.
Vrat ki Ras wali Aloo Ki Sabzi +video
- 5 medium Boiled potatoes /aloo
- 1 tbsp Green chili/hari mirch crushed
- 1 tbsp Ginger / Adrak crushed
- 1.5 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 3 glass Water / Paani
- To Taste Rock salt
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 2 Cloves / Lavang
- Peel the boiled potatoes and roughly mash them.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When cumin start crackling then add asafoetida and cloves and stir.
- Add crushed green chili and ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add the mashed potatoes and stir to mix .
- Add water according to the thickness you want in the curry.
- When it start boiling , lower the heat and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Open the pan, stir, cover and again cook for 3-4 minutes on low heat.
- Switch off the heat , add lemon juice and fresh chopped coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot potato curry with rajgiri pooris and enjoy !