Kuttu Aloo Cheela- A delicious low fat Buckwheat and potato pancake- Fasting Recipe
Kuttu Aloo Cheela is healthy Gluten free breakfast/ lunch recipe . You can have this as a any time healthy snack or use this during any religious fast or celebration. Its very healthy and filling recipe. During fast most often we make poori and pakora’s but this can be made with few drops of oil or ghee and if you make on a nonstick pan then easily make it oil free too.
During Navratri, Janmashtami, Ekadashi and other religious fast we use singhoda, rajgiri, sabudana, samo and buckwheat to make snacks and main course recipe. All these millets, seeds and grains are very healthy and most of them are protein and calcium rich as well as gluten free. So we have to include them often in our regular meal, no need to limit these only for fasting days.
Buckwheat is actually a seed with the properties of a grain. It is heart healthy and considered as a super food. Rich in protein, Magnesium , fiber ,calcium, Iron and loaded with antioxidants. It is also diabetic friendly thus mange the blood sugar levels.
Try these fast recipes-
- Samak aloo ki tikki
- Kuttu ke dahivada
- Sabudana thalipeth
- Aloo Ka halwa
- Pumpkin Raita
- Lauki ka halwa
- Rajgiri ka batata vada
Check my youtube video for reference and like and subscribe to my channel if you like it
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
you can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates.
Kuttu Aloo Cheela
- 1 cup Kuttu aata/ Buckwheat flour
- 1 cup Potatoes / Aloo grated
- to taste Sendha Namak /Rock Salt
- 3/4 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tbsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch optional
- pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4 tsp Ghee/ Oil to roast
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander optional
- 1 tsp sesame seeds /til
- Peel and grate potato and keep dipped in water to avoid oxidation1 cup Potatoes / Aloo
- Take a big bowl and add kuttu/ buckwheat and add water to make a medium thick batter.(You may need 3/4 to 1 cup water depending on the quality of your kuttu aata)1 cup Kuttu aata/ Buckwheat flour
- Now whisk it well for 2 minutes.
- Add all the spices , sesame seeds, green chili, coriander and the grated potato in the batter.(check notes )to taste Sendha Namak /Rock Salt, 3/4 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch, 3/4 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera, 1 tbsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch, pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder, 1 tsp sesame seeds /til, 4 tbsp fresh coriander
- Cover and rest it for a minute .
- Now check the consistency of the batter , it should be thinner then the besan pudla batter.
- If the batter will be thick then the cheela will be thicker too.
- Now heat a nonstick or cast iron tawa and grease with few drops of oil or ghee.
- Now add a ladle full of batter on the medium hot tawa and spread as thin as you can.
- Cook on medium heat till it dries up from the top.
- Spread some ghee or oil on top and flip gently.4 tsp Ghee/ Oil
- Cook on medium to low heat so it get cooked properly.
- It takes little extra time to cook as compared to the besan chilla so cook properly else it may remain raw from inside.
- Remove from the tawa when done from both the sides.
- Serve hot kuttu chilla with vrat ki green chutney and aam papad chutney.
- If you want to avoid using potato then you can use grated- sweet potato, lauki/ bottle gourd, cucumber, yellow pumpkin or boiled grated raw banana.
- can also make plain without using any vegetable.
- addition of green chili and coriander is optional.