Korean Vegetable Pancake- Yachaejeon a delicious healthy crisp vegan pancake made with colorful vegetables.
Korean vegetable pancake I tasted at my friends place few days back and instantly liked the crisp and colorful pancake. It is quite an easy and quick recipe made with different vegetables available at home.
In Korean language these pancakes are named as Yachaejeon which literally means vegetable pancakes. For making these pancakes you can use as many vegetables as per your liking and availability. You can use carrots, zucchini, potato, sweet potato, green chilies, jalapenos, mushrooms, cabbage, purple cabbage, coloured bell peppers, snow peas, onions etc.
Korean pancake are usually served with a dipping sauce made by mixing soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, sesame seeds, and some ketchup. you can also serve it with tomato ketchup or sweet chili sauce.
For getting crisp pancakes you have to thinly shred the vegetable and don’t add too much flour in the veggies. for 2.5 cup of vegetable you only need around 1 cup of refined flour.
How To Make Korean Vegetable Pancakes
Shred the vegetable thinly and then add refined flour, rice flour, salt, chili flakes and some water and make a medium batter. Heat a nonstick pan and drizzle few tbsp. of oil to coat the bottom of the pan and then thinly spread the batter and let it cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat .when done from the bottom then flip and cook from the other side till golden and crisp. it will take around 3-4 minutes for each side. you can also cover the pan for few minutes after spreading the mix but then uncover and cook to make it crisp.
Dipping Sauce for Korean pancake-
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds toasted
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil optional
Mix everything and serve
You also check these recipes
- Sweet corn vegetable soup
- Arabic Lentil Soup
- Sweet and sour paneer
- Falafel Sandwich
- Sweet Corn Croquettes
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Korean vegetable pancakes I Vegan Yachaejeon I Vegetable pancakes
- 1 cup Refined Flour / Maida
- 1/4 cup Rice Flour / Chawal Ka Atta *check notes
- to taste Black Salt / Kala Namak optional
- to taste salt
- 1.5 tsp Chili flakes
- to taste Crushed pepper
- 1 carrot julienne
- 1 potato thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet potato thinly sliced
- 1 cup cabbage thinly shredded
- 1.5 cup purple cabbage thinly shredded
- 2 mushroom thinly sliced
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 2 jalepenos chopped
- 1 red capsicum thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini
- Wash and peel potato ,sweet potato and carrot and then thinly slice them.
- Now shred and chop all the veggies lengthwise.
- Take a wide deep bowl and add all the vegetables in it.
- Now add refined flour, rice flour, salt, chili flakes and pepper.
- Mix every thing well.
- Now add around 1.4 cup of water and mix every thing, you may need few tbsp of water.
- Make a loose batter kind mixture so it will spread easily in the pan.
- Don't make too thick or too loose batter of the mixture.
- Now add 2-3 tbsps. of oil in the hot pan to cover the bottom and then add mixture according to the size of the pan, spread it thinly in the pan.
- Now let it cook on medium heat, you can cover the pan with a lid for 1-2 minutes so the steam helps to cook it faster.
- Now remove the lid and let it roast on medium heat.
- When done from the bottom then flip and turn the side.
- Add few tbsp. of oil from the sides so other sides also get cooked and become crisp
- Each side may take around 3-4 minutes to get cooked if spread thinly.
- When done from both the sides then remove the pancake from the pan and put on a paper napkin for a minute to absorb the extra oil.
- Now serve hot and crisp korean vegetable pancakes with a dipping sauce of your choice.
- You can use any vegetables of your choice but avoid which have high water content.
- The mixture should be creamy not runny or too thick.
- can adjust the quantity of salt and chili.
- Use either nonstick or heavy seasoned cast iron pan.
- The flour and vegetables ratio will be around 1:3.
- can use cornflour instead of rice flour.