Aloo Matar Ki Sabji /Kadhai Aloo- This is a winter special stir fry of baby potatoes , usually made without peeling the skin
Kadhai Aloo is a quick and very delicious sabji of baby potatoes , addition of fresh peas is totally optional.
During winter we get very nice and fresh baby potatoes , they are often used to make sookhi aloo matar ki sabji or kadhai aloo or a delicious pickle is made using these cute little potatoes.
My mom used to make this delicious stir fry of baby potatoes and peas and often serve with poori’s and parathas . This is a very easy and quick recipe which is loved by everyone. You can also enjoy this kadhai aloo with daal chawal or as a great travel food with poori’s.
I soak them for some time and then wash them thoroughly and then cut them with the skin on but you can peel them if you want too, this sookhe aloo matar taste great both ways .
You can also try these recipes-
check my youtube video and then can subscribe if you like the recipe
you can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates.
Aloo Matar Ki Sookhi Sabji I Kadhai Aloo
- 350 gm Baby Potatoes / Chhote Aloo
- Green Peas / Hari Matar
- 4 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1 t Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1 Green chilies/Hari Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- To Taste salt
- 1 cup Green Peas / Hari Matar
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1 ts Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1/2 ts Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- handful of Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- Wash the baby potatoes 2-3 times ,( you can also soak them in water for 10 minutes)
- Slice the potatoes into 2 pieces, no need to peel the skin. if you don't have baby potatoes then use big potatoes and chop into big cubes
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add cumin seeds, when they start crackling add the asafoetida.
- Now add the sliced potatoes sand sauté for a minute.
- Now add turmeric and salt and mix. Cover with a lid and simmer till 3/4 done.
- Now add the peas and mix. If you are using fresh raw peas then add with the potatoes in the beginning. (I have used frozen peas which are almost cooked so added when the potatoes are almost done)
- When potatoes and peas are done add chili powder, chili flakes, mango powder, coriander powder and stir to mix .
- Cover with the lid and simmer for a minute so the spices also get roasted well.
- Now add chopped fresh coriander and mix. Switch off the heat.
- Your sookhe aloo matar are ready to serve. Enjoy with poori, paratha or daal chawal !