Pav Bhaji Masala – A very flavourful and popular spice mix for making the popular mumbai pav bhaji
Pav Bhaji Masala -pav bhaji is a very popular street food of Maharashtra ,it is made with a mix of different vegetables.First all the vegetables are boiled and then a spicy gravy is made with tomato and dry spices .then the boiled and mashed vegetables are added in the tomato gravy and cooked for few minutes so all the flavors will blend well.
Then the prepared bhaji is served with shallow fried pav buns . the main ingredient to make delicious bhaji is the pav bhaji masala ,with out the addition of this masala the bhaji will taste like a normal mix vegetable ,the taste comes from the blend of different flavourful spices ,so don’t omit this masala when you are making bhaji and do use a good brand of ready pav bhaji masala or make your own fresh batch with this recipe.
Do try these spice mix recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayek
Pav Bhaji Masala
spice mix for making the popular mumbai pav bhaji
- 250 grams Coriander Seeds / Sabut Dhaniya
- 100 grams Cinnamon /daalchini
- 200 grams Dried Red Chilli, Whole
- 50 grams Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 100 grams Cloves / Lavang
- 100 grams Black Cardamom / Badi Elaichi
- 50 grams Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- Lightly roast all the spices on a very low heat for 1 minute.
- Let it cool for a while then grind in a mixer jar and make a fine powder
- Store in a air tight jar.
- This masala can be used to make Pav Bhaji, Tawa Pulav and Paneer Masala.