Gujarati pickle masala-The popular Gujrati spice mix for making pickles.
How to use Pickle Masala
You may like to try these Recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Gujarati Pickle Masala
- 1.25 cup Kashmiri Chili Powder
- 1/3 cup Methi Kuria/Crushed fenugreek seeds
- 2 tbsp Whole peppercorns/ Sabut Kali Mirch
- 1 CUP Rai Kuria/ Crushed yellow mustard seeds
- 3/4 cup Salt
- 2 tbsp Asafoetida/ hing
- 2 tbsp Turmeric/ Haldi
- 1 cup Sesame oil or Mustard oil
- 1/4 cup Fennel Seeds/ Saunf coarsely crushed
- Heat oil in a pan till smoking point.
- Let it cool down a bit till it comes to slight hot temperature.
- Take all the spices in a thali/ plate and pour the medium hot oil over the spices
- Mix well .and keep aside for an hour.
- Store in a glass jar when cool down completely and use when needed.
- For 1 cup chopped vegetable take approx.3 t.s masala and 3 t.s oil to make a instant pickle.
- Use kashmiri chili powder to give a nice and bright colour to your pickle. If you are using the regular chili powder then use 3/4 cup.
- fennel/ saunf is not used in Gujrati masala, but gives a nice flavour and taste to any pickle,so I love to add this in my spice mix.
- *Rai kuria- split and dehusked mustard seeds
- *Methi kuria -coarsely ground fenugreek seeds-