Raita masala- A very flavourful and digestive spice blend to use in buttermilk ,yogurt and fruit chaats
What is Raita Masala
How To Make Raita/Chaas ka Masala
How To Use Raita Masala
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Raita Masala - Spice Mix To make Raita and Butter Milk
- 2 tbsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tbsp White Pepper Powder / Safed Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 2.5 tbsp Coriander seeds/ sabut dhaniya
- 1 tbsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1 tbsp Salt / Namak
- 1.5 tsp Ginger Powder / Saunth
- 1.5 tbsp Dry Mint / Sookha Pudina
- 1 tbsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder optional
- In a heavy bottom pan add coriander seeds and cumin seeds.
- Roast on low flame for about a minute or till it start giving nice aroma,but don't make it dark in colour.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Add cumin, pepper corns and coriander in the mixer jar and grind.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients in it and grind to make a fine powder.
- Take out in a bowl and let it cool down completely .
- Store in a air tight jar.
- If you don't have white pepper powder then can add 1.5 tbsp of black pepper corns ,white pepper corns are added because they are mild in taste and din't change the colour of buttermilk.
- If dried ginger powder is not available then you can directly add finely grated ginger in the buttermilk or squeeze few drops of the juice of grated ginger in butter milk.
- Adjust the quantity of table salt according to your taste.
- Can also add some asafoetida /hing ( at step 1)in it if you like its flavour.
- you can use this masala in raita,fruit chaat or any chaat