Papad Methi ki Sabzi- A delicious yogurt based fenugreek seeds and Popadum curry – specialty of Rajasthan
Papad methi ki sabzi is a specialty from the state of Rajasthsan. In Rajasthan they make use of gram flour/besan and papad etc to use in curries .This papad methi dana ki sabzi is very easy and quick recipe and goes well with roti ,paratha and rice.
You can use any papad to make this papad methi dana ki sabzi but urad daal papad’s are the preferred ones as they don’t become soggy and remain fresh and crisp for a longer time.
I have also posted few delicious Rajasthani recipes ,do try these-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Rajasthani Papad methi ki sabzi
- 6 Urad daal Papad
- 3 tbsp Fenugreek seeds/ Methi Dana
- 1 cup Yogurt/ Dahi
- 1 tsp Gram Flour/ Besan
- 1/4 cup Besan boondi optional
- 1/4 cup Tomato chopped
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric/ Haldi
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 3/4 tsp Cumin/ Jeera
- 5 Spinach leaves/ palak patta
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida/ Hing
- To taste Salt
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder/ Dhaniya
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
- Soak fenugreek seeds in a cup of water for 2 hours. then wash with water and cook in microwave for 3 minutes.or pressure cook for 2 whistles to reduce the bitterness of methi seeds.
- Drain the water and keep aside the methi seeds(or can use without boiling if you like the slight bitterness of methi seeds. )
- Deep fry the papads (frying is optional,you can use raw or dry roast them, but I prefer to use fried papad’s) and break into small pieces. You can also use moong daal papads
- Take curd in a bowl and mix in all the spices .
- Heat oil in a pan ,add cumin seeds and asafoetida.when it become golden add gram flour,stir for few seconds
- Add fenugreek seeds ,give it a stir and then add curd mixture stir fry for a minute .
- Add 1.5 glass water and chopped spinach ,when water start boiling add papad pieces,tomato pieces and boondi.
- let it boil for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add chopped coriander and serve hot
- Serving suggestions-best with roti, thepla and rice