Khatti Meethi Whole moong daal -Sweet and Sour Green Mungo beans/khatti meethi moong
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayekaYou can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Sabut Moong Daal ,Khatti Methi Moong ,Sweet and Sour Mungo beans
- 1 cup Whole Moong Beans/ Sabut Moong
- 1.5 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 2 tsp Green chilies/Hari Mirch chopped
- 4 tbsp Sugar / Chini
- 1.5 tbsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- Wash and soak moong(beans) for minimum 1 hour.
- Pressure cook with 3 cups of water for 4- 5 whistles on medium flame or till cooked well and become soft.
- Open the cooker and mash slightly and then add 3 cups of warm water .
- Add all the spices and chopped green chili and ginger.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes and then simmer for 15 minutes .keep stirring in between.
- Now remove from fire and add chopped coriander and ghee,mix well.
- Serve with boiled rice and kadi with a spoon ful of ghee on top ?