I am sharing the recipe of the famous Galouti Kababs of Awadhi cuisine (of Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh). These kababs are very aromatic and have a velvety texture which makes them melt in the mouth.
Served with Roomali Roti, Mint Yogurt Chutney and Salad. Hope you all will enjoy these aromatic and delicate Rajma galouti kababs.
- Boiled rajma-2 cup
- Cashew powder-2 tbsp
- Cottage cheese-2 tbsp
- Ginger paste-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Galouti kabab masala-1tsp *
- Fresh coriander-2 tbls
- Mint leaves-6
- Saffron-a pinch
- Corn flour-2 tbsp (optional)
- Salt-3/4 ts
- Soak saffron in hot milk and crush .
- Grind rajma(kidney beans) in the mixer with mint leaves and coriander(with steams)
- Take a bowl ,add rajma ,mashed cottage cheese,ginger paste, cashew powder, galouti masala,chilli powder,salt and saffron milk.
- Make round and medium thick pattice and lightly dust in corn flour.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan and shallow fry these kababs on medium heat from both sides.
- Drain on a tissue paper.
- Serve hot.
NOTE -If you don’t have galouti masala then use garam masala .