Cauliflower and lentil samosa- Indian snack made with homemade pastry shells with savory vegetable and lentil filling
Cauliflower samosa Is popular in Bengali cuisine . There this samosa is popular as singhara. I have posting a slight variation of this recipe by adding some moong daal , which make it more healthy and filling
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Cauliflower and Lentil Samosa ,Phoolgobhi and moong daal samosa
- 1/2 cup Yellow lentils /moong daal moong daal-1/2 cup
- 1 medium Potatoes / Aloo
- 250 gms Cauliflower /phool gobhi
- 3 tbsp Green Peas / Hari Matar boiled
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak
- 2 Green chilies/Hari Mirch
- 2 tbsp Refined oil-1 tsp
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coconut, Grated
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 0.25 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 0.25 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
For Making Samosa Cover
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1 cup Refined Flour / Maida
- 2 tbsp Arrowroot / Corn Flour / Tapkir
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- Wash and soak moong daal for 30 minutes.then drain and keep aside
- Chop potato and cauliflower in small pieces.
- Heat 2 t.s oil in a pan ,add asafoetida,chopped green chilies and chopped potato,cover and cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric, cauliflower ,peas and soaked moong daal. cover and cook till done but crisp.
- Take out the mixture in a bowl and add sugar,lemon juice,garam masala,ginger and grated coconut.(PIC-1)
- 6-Take wheat flour,refined flour,corn flour,salt and ghee in a bowl,mix and make a medium soft dough with water.
- 7-Rest for 15 minute and then knead well and make small size balls from the dough.
- 8-Mix 2 tbls of refined flour with little water to make a smooth slury.
- 9-Take 2 balls and roll to make a disc of medium thickness.(PIC-2)
- 10-Drizzle 1/2 tsp of oil on both disc and spread properly ,then sprinkle some flour.
- make a sandwich of both disc and roll again to make a thin chapati.
- 11-Heat a griddle and place the disc(chapati)over it and slightly cook from both sides and remove from the griddle.(PIC-3).
- 12-Pull apart the chapati and seperate both the sides.(PIC-4)
- 13-Cut from the centre and make 2 half moons shapes.(PIC-5)
- 14-Fold and make a cone,apply the slury on the joint to seal it properly(PIC-6)
- 15-Stuff with 2 tbsp of vegetable mixture(PIC-7)
- 16-Apply slury and seal and close properly.(PIC-8)
- 17-Heat oil in a pan and deep fry samosa’s on medium heat till golden in colour.
- 18-Drain on a tissue and serve hot.